ELEVEN

After their short stop for breakfast they resumed their drive to Fontana

After their short stop for breakfast they resumed their drive to Fontana. The rest of the drive seemed much shorter as they spent most of it talking about basic things like their favorite color and some philosophical questions. It was an attempt to continue their getting to know each other stage.

"So what you're saying is that if I raced motorcycles then maybe your brother might find me cool," Charlie said in disbelief.

Aaron chuckled, "That's all you care about?"

"Yes! I have a reputation to uphold. Call your brother. I have a few choice words to say to him"

"Unbelievable." Aaron was shaking his head at her but laughing at the same time. He thought, this woman is one of a kind. Crazy. But one of a kind.

"Hey do you think your team might give us some privacy or have they bugged my rental place?"

Aaron raised an eyebrow. "Out of all things. That is what you're concerned about?"

"Very. It's a good way to relieve some stress. And trust me. You are amazing at that."

"Charlie, I want this relationship to be more then just hooking up."

"I know, but you can't deny it's fun."

"I can't deny it but I do have to maintain a sense of formality and professionalism even if you are allowed to openly flirt with me." Aaron wished they would have met under different circumstances. But then he thought, under which would they have met under? Their worlds couldn't be farther apart. She was a famous race car driver and he was a government employee. The only way they would have met was through a mutual friend or by just sheer dumb luck.

Charlie just kept driving. "So what you're saying is no."

"It's a maybe. I'm not sure if they bugged the house. They probably only set up cameras," he explained.

"So we stay away from windows. Easy."

Aaron shook his head. "You really are a very determined woman."

"Hey, I just know what I want. It's not my fault you're being such a stick in the mud."

"I have my morals and work ethic," he told her. "I don't have as much flexibility with my job like you do."

"What's the point of growing up if you can't have some fun? I know some of the guys have been dating their way through a list of models."

Aaron laughed, "You sound appalled."

She shrugged, "Clint is one of them. As long as they are happy being called man whores then I'm fine with it."

Aaron snorted. "Is that even a term?"

"It is in my book. Morgan looks like he's one."

"You're not wrong there. And the women love to flirt with him," Aaron nodded.