Chapter 12

I've been thinking about Hannah for two days straight now. I just can't seem to get her beautiful face out if my mind.

I decided to take a walk in the park across the street from the apartment complex. I really needed to clear my mind. How the hell did I end up living with pregnant 15 year old sister? It felt like yesterday my parents were taking us to the pound to get a new puppy. No reason, just for fun.

As I walk, I can see everything clearly now. There's a reason for this. There's a reason that Jenn is pregnant. That I'm her legal guardian. I don't know what the reason is, but I know there's a reason for everything.

A flashback came quickly as I passed the swing sets. I remember my dad would always come to this exact park whenever he was stressed. Whenever work was just too much for him. He would always take Jenn and I too.

Life is so not fair. Why did my parents have to die so soon? Why did my ex boyfriend (the only thing that made me happy) have to turn out crazy? Why was I put in charge of my annoying bratty sister?

Just as I am ready to leave the park, I see a very familiar face. She looks just like my dads old assistant.
The closer I get, the further she walks away. Why does she look so suspicious?

"Karen? Is that you? It's me Adeline. Collins daughter"

"Oh! Well I didn't even see you there. I should really be going. Nice seeing you again"

But as she's leaving, I notice her necklace.

A silver Half moon. That's exactly the same necklace my dad got for my mom, Jenn and I.

************************************
As soon as I get home, I run to Jenns room.
"Jenn? Do you still have the half moon necklace that dad gave us?" I ask.
"No. I lost it on the move. I already told you that. But obviously you don't notice anything I do."

How did Karen get that necklace? My dad told us he got it specially made just for us. That there was nothing else like it

"See? I told you didn't notice anything. Just like you didn't even notice that I got a tattoo yesterday"

"You did what?"
"Yeah. It's a half moon. Funny right?"

IG: madi.juarez

xoxo,
madi