Chapter 6

Please comment and vote:)

A shaking of my shoulders jolts me awake. My eyes are still groggy from sleep to focus on the dark silhouette that looms above me. I open my mouth to scream but before the sound emerges, a palm is thrust down upon my mouth.

"Elle shut up, its me." A voice says.

Ana! I am dreaming? I sit up right and the covers pool at my waist as Ana smiles at me. I pinch myself but nothing happens. Ana is still sitting right there in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I exclaim, reaching forward to grab my sister.

"You didn't think I was going to miss your wedding did you?" She replies. I groan internally at the thought.

"Yes but why? Families never come to weddings!" I ask in confusion. How did Ana even get here?

"You clearly have a special fiancee then. He invited mum, dad, Ollie and I." Ana says with a shrug. She climbs off the bed and turns the light on. I blink as the bright light hits me.

"Grayson invited you?" I ask.

"Yeah." She replies, sweeping over to couch. "Didn't he tell you?"

"No." I reply, blinking in confusion.

Why would Grayson invite them? 5's are notorious for being unwelcoming when it comes to their dwelling; this is the one rumour that I know is definitely true.

But then it is not an uncommon sentiment to disallow the entry of other castes into dwellings.

"Ollie?" I question. Ana blushes.

"My match remember?"

"Oh yeah." I mutter vaguely. Ana hides her face as her blush burns more vividly. I raise my eyebrows speculatively at my sister. "You like him don't you?"

"Grayson is great. I can see why you said yes." Ana brushes off my comment, picking up a dress from the couch.

"You're sidetracking." I push the covers off myself. The tips of her ears are still flaming red so I know I'm correct.

"Your dress is beautiful." She remarks.

My curiousity flares and I skip over towards the dress. Holding the dress up in front of her, I admire the loveliness of it. I could not have picked a better dress myself. The tight bodice and long trail will cling to my body like a second skin. Intricate designs of roses and swirls decorate the upper part of the bodice.

"Elle it is amazing." Ana breathes. "Did you pick it out?"

"No." I reply, holding the dress up. "I guess he did."

I choke back the catch in my throat. If this were real, I would have wanted to wear this dress for whoever I married. I'll never get that chance now; I'm never leaving. A frown creases my brow. After today, I'll never be welcome back into my caste but then again, its not my caste anymore.