Chapter 12

Hello everybody! Thank you for being so patient waiting for this chapter. The good news is...I'VE FINISHED MY EXAMS (to Alex and Milly, I hope you're feeling as amazing as I am despite the thought of the results.)

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you again for all of the votes and comments on previous chapters. Some of them make me laugh so much and I really love how into the story everyone is.

I hope you enjoy this chapter (I'm sorry for people who don't love a good ol' bit of cheese) - PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU THINK IT WAS GOOD!

"Grayson is outside. He wants to speak to you." Ana says.

"Must I?"

"You should." Ana say. I suppose she is right. I should thank him for helping my sister but the trivial niggling within my mind says that perhaps I really need to thank him for something else. He actually listened to me.

But that means admitting I was wrong about him. I was prejudiced and partial but the thought of conceding...to Grayson of all people. Perhaps something even worse shall slip out. Then that shall be it.

"Not going?" Ana asks. I shake my head firmly. How am I supposed to thank him after everything? The thought of seeing him makes me feel nauseous.

"Carson told me the amount of effort Grayson had put into rescuing me just to ensure they were actually going to be able to find me." Ana says quietly when she notices that I have not moved.

"How much effort was it exactly?"

"Something that I'll never be able to repay." Ana replies. I groan and sink back into the bed, flinging my hand over my eyes. "Go Elle. He was insistent that he saw you."

When I shake my head, her lips droop slightly and I see the disappointment within her eyes. The instant guilt settles uncomfortably in the pit of my stomach.

"I know I'm in no position to be asking favours considering everything, but I would really appreciate it if you would speak to him. He has done so much for me and I feel if I can convince you to talk with him, then the amount of debt I owe to him can begin to be repaid." Ana says.

"Ana." I sigh.

"I know, I know." Ana holds her hands up in defeat. "I won't push it any further."

"No I'll go."

"Really?" Her face brightens. Her eyes glance up and down, examining my appearance. She picks up the brush from the dressing table and holds it out to me. "We just need to clean you up first."

"That bad?"

"Diabolical may be more apt." She smirks.

A few minutes later, I'm left to groan at my appearance. My hair is braided into an intricate plait and Ana's managed to convince me to slip into one of my mother's old dresses; they're particularly special to both Ana and I as our mother designed and sowed them herself. However, the bleached quality of my skin and dark eyes were far beyond the capacities of Ana or any type of concealment.