Chapter 14

Here's Chapter 14 a bit early. The response from chapter 13 was just so overwhelming that I decided I would post early.

Hope you enjoy - please VOTE AND COMMENT!!

I'm extraordinarily grateful for the headphones around my ears. I can Ollie talking into the microphone to the other three in the body. Judging by the colour of the sky, we're entering the early hours of the morning. The sun begins to break the skyline, greeting the navy blue sky with the peachy orange shades of the sunrise.

I wonder for hours what Grayson is doing. No doubt, he is probably still asleep, with no idea where am I or what I have done.

My eyes have just begun to flutter closed when I feel an excruciating burn on the dip of my shoulder. My brand. I bite my lip to try and contain my agonised scream. My fingers seep further into the padded seat as I cling to the fabric. Oh god what the hell is happening? I screw my eyes closed to stop the tears from revealing themselves.

"Ana we're 5 minutes away. Don't fall asleep." Ollie's voice comes through the headphones. I'm really going to have to concentrate when he addresses me.

I'm too afraid that if I open my mouth to reply, my whole body will relax and I'll scream. My body convulses as the burning on my shoulder only intensifies. If this is my punishment for leaving Grayson, it could not be more effective.

The next 5 minutes are the longest minutes of my life. I bite my lip so hard that it begins to bleed, but the metallic taste on my tongue distracts me from my shoulder. The sinking feeling in my stomach lets me know that we're descending. Arriving in the 1st dwelling; I thought becoming a 5 would mean this would never happen. 

Ollie's fingers suddenly link around my curled ones. I freeze in terror and quickly rip my hand away and clasp the cushion once again. I begin to wonder if the pain in my shoulder will ever cease. If it doesn't, I'm going to require some kind of medication soon. The fire on my shoulder is only fuelled further.

"Ana we need to talk." Ollie's voice says but I can barely hear him. The bile in my throat has me frantically fighting off the desire to sleep. From my little source of medical knowledge, I know that going to sleep is never the right option. It takes all my attention just to redirect my focus onto the approaching ground.

We land on a tarmac airstretch with a light jolt. I stare helplessly at the buckles around my waist trying to figure out if their is some way that I can unclasp them without moving my shoulder. That will be a resounding no I think as I test my shoulder.

Ollie huffs, clearly thinking my immboile state is an act of reluctance. Although that is also correct, I'm slightly afraid to anger him. He undoes his own buckles before leaning over to fiddle with mine. I instantly press myself as far back into the seat as I can. I completely forgot to factor in the possibility that he might touch me.

How could I have been so foolish? The cat is going to be out of the bag the second he sees my brand, or tries to touch me or even when he notices my behaviour within itself. Though a lot of both Ana and I is similar, there are major discrepancies as well. There is no way I can convince a 1.