CHAPTER 6

TIME really flies. It was already Saturday morning. I was still feeling sleepy because I slept late last night, busy preparing my gift for Mila.

Hindi lang pala libro ang regalo ko kay Mila. I also accompanied it with perfume and letters.

I looked at the wall clock and realized that it was already ten in the morning. My gaze shifted to the cocktail dress hanging on the hook. Una kong naisip ang bumili nun para sa akin.

Flashback...

“Kukunin niyo po ba ma'am?” Tanong ng saleslady sa akin. Nahihiya akong umiling.

“I'll buy it.”

I turned around in surprise upon hearing the voice of a man. The first thing that caught my attention were his lips, curved into a mischievous grin.

“I'll buy it for her.” He repeated.

“Ahh—” I was about to say something when the saleslady cut me off.

“Sure, sir pogi!”

I don't know what to do or say. I was shocked. Why is he here in the dress area? And what's that? Is he going to buy the dress for me?

I was taken aback and felt a mix of confusion and surprise when I saw him in the dress area. It was unexpected and I couldn't comprehend why he would be here.

The thought of him buying a dress for me added to my bewilderment. I couldn't help but wonder what his intentions were and why he would go to such lengths for me. It left me feeling uncertain and unsure of how to react.

Baliw ba siya?

“Baka matunaw ako.”

Nakakainis, ngayon ko lang napansin na kanina pa pala ako nakatingin sa kanya. Tinaasan ko ito ng kilay, “Mabuti nga 'yon.”

“Oh, okay,” he said while scratching his head.

“Ano naman ginagawa mo rito? Bibili ka ng dress, bakla ka ba?” I uttered in a sarcastic tone. It seemed like he got irritated because of my question.

“Di mo ba ako narinig kanina, sabi ko, bibilhin ko 'yong dress para sa'yo.” Parang nahiya siya dahil sa sinabi niya.

“Baliw ka ba? Ibalik mo nalang 'yung notebook ko, Santiago.”

I looked into the distance because I feel annoyed every time I see his face, his smirking lips. This constant irritation pushes me to divert my gaze elsewhere, seeking solace in the vastness of the surroundings, hoping to find a sense of calm and relief away from the source of my frustration.

“Hindi mo pa nga nagagawa ang kondisyon ko.” He responded.

“Balik mo na sa akin! Gagawin ko naman 'yon basta ibalik mo na sa akin ang notebook ko.” Pagdadahilan ko.

It seems unnecessary to spend money on something that isn't even required, as they say it's only for those who want to.

“Promise?” He asked as he shows my notebook. I replied instantly, “Yes.”

This is it. It seems like I was able to deceive him. Finally, I will be able to get the notebook. He disclosed it to me, and just as I was about to take it, he moved it away. My eyebrows raised in surprise.

Nakangisi na naman siya, “Hindi mo ako maloloko.” He said sarcastically.

Nakakainis.