CHAPTER 7

IT was exactly six o'clock when I arrived at Mila's house. Even from outside, I could hear the commotion coming from inside. The noise echoed through the walls, reaching my ears before I even stepped foot inside.

The sound was a chaotic symphony of voices, laughter, and the clinking of glasses, indicating that a lively event was taking place.

I could feel the crowd growing, and with it, the anxiety in my chest intensified. There were so many people around me, their presence overwhelming and unfamiliar. As I looked around, I noticed faces that I had never seen before.

“Vanessa?”

Agad kong hinanap ang tumawag sa pangalan ko at biglang sumulpot sa likuran ko si Freya, one of my schoolmates, siya 'yung naka-grupo ko sa reporting.

She looks absolutely breathtaking that I couldn't resist showering her with compliments, “Freya! Ang ganda mo!”

Her smile widened. She really looks stunning with her red dress, para siya pa 'yung celebrant dahil sa aura niya.

“Thank you! Ang ganda mo rin, Van!” She exclaimed.

We walked through the gate and true enough, there were a multitude of people. The sight that greeted us was nothing short of spectacular. The tables were meticulously arranged, adorned with vibrant banners, delectable cakes, and charming souvenirs. It was evident that great care and attention to detail had been put into preparing for this event.

As we made our way further into the venue, the atmosphere buzzed with excitement and anticipation. The air was filled with a mix of laughter, chatter, and the delightful aroma of freshly baked goods. The vibrant decorations added a festive touch, creating a joyful ambiance that enveloped the entire space.

The sight of the tables, adorned with elegant tablecloths and beautifully arranged centerpieces, showcased the effort that had gone into creating a visually stunning setting. Each detail, from the carefully chosen color scheme to the intricate designs on the banners, contributed to the overall aesthetic appeal.

The cakes, with their intricate decorations and mouthwatering flavors, were a feast for the eyes and the taste buds. They stood as edible works of art, tempting guests with their delicious allure.

The souvenirs, thoughtfully selected and displayed, added a personal touch to the occasion, allowing attendees to take home a tangible reminder of the celebration. In that moment, I felt a sense of gratitude for being able to witness such a beautiful event.

As we mingled with the crowd, enjoying the events and partaking in the delicious treats, I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and appreciation for the effort that had gone into creating this enchanting atmosphere.

Mila with an infectious smile, was at the center of it all, effortlessly navigating through the crowd, ensuring everyone felt welcome and included. Her energy was contagious, spreading a sense of warmth and camaraderie among the guests.

Tumingin siya sa direksyon namin at nakita niya kaming dalawa ni Freya, lumawak ang ngiti niya at mabilis na lumapit sa amin.

Freya greeted her first, saying, “Happy Birthday, Carmila!”

Then, it was my turn to greet Mila, and I exclaimed, “Happy Birthday, Mila! Salamat sa pag-imbita, ang daming tao!”

She felt embarrassed because of what I said. I was just stating the facts, there really were a lot of people.

“Mga kamag-anak ko lang,” She said. “Nandu'n pala sa part na 'yon yung iba nating classmate para naman hindi kayo ma-boring dito.” dagdag pa niya habang may tinuturo.