CHAPTER 9

THE vboyz emerged victorious in the first round, showcasing their skills and determination. However, the Red Bulls managed to bounce back and claim victory in the second round, proving that every team is playing with great intensity.

The players on both sides are visibly tired and exhausted from giving their all in the game.

Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na makita si Jaxon na isa sa miyembro ng yellow team kung saan ang vboyz. And he really is good at playing basketball.

“Jaxon! Omg!”

“Go, yellow team!”

The game has resumed, and it's the final round of the match. I reached into my pocket to grab my phone and check the time. To my surprise, it was already four o'clock in the afternoon. I hadn't realized how time flew by while I was engrossed in watching the game.

Ang sakit na rin ng tenga ko, hindi ko alam kung bakit natiis ko ang ingay nang ilang oras. Paniguradong ma-le-late ako nito ng uwi 'pag nagpatuloy pa akong manood.

I decided to text Eros and let him know that I'll be coming home late. He quickly replied, acknowledging my message.

'Okay.'

I redirected my attention back to the court where the varsity boys and red bulls were battling it out. My gaze landed on Grey, who had the ball in his hands. His face was filled with determination, and beads of sweat raced down his forehead.

Grey passed the ball to Marky, who was immediately approached by an opponent attempting to steal the ball. However, Marky swiftly evaded the defense and passed the ball to Jaxon.

With no one guarding Jaxon, he took the opportunity and shot the ball from a distance. It felt like time stood still as I watched the ball soar through the air. It seemed as if the ball was moving in slow motion towards the hoop.

At bakit ang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko?!

Umikot ang bola sa ring.

Ikot..

Ikot ulit...

Shoot!

The entire gym seemed to tremble once again as the ball went through the hoop. The vboyz now had a six-point lead with only two minutes remaining in the game. These moments were filled with tension and anticipation as the spectators watched every move of the players.

The final two minutes would be crucial for both teams, and it was certain that they would be action-packed and filled with emotions.

It's possible for the Red Bulls to make a comeback since they have skilled players. However, the vboyz won't easily allow themselves to be defeated. They will put up a strong fight and make it challenging for the Red Bulls to catch up. It's going to be an intense battle until the very end.

“Omg, ang galing niya talaga maglaro!”

“Oo nga! Perfect talaga siya na maging isang member ng vboyz.”

Napatingin ako sa aking kaliwa kung nasaan sina Mina, Lesley, at Eya. Malawak ang mga ngiti nila habang nakatingin sa court at pumapalakpak. Tumigil na sila kakasigaw, maybe they got tired from all the shouting.

Kalahating minuto na lang ang natitira at matatapos na ang laro. Lamang ng isang puntos ang red bulls, ibig sabihin 'pag hindi nakahabol kahit dalawang points ang varsity boys ay matatalo ito.

Dumoble ang hiyawan sa loob ng gym, kaliwa't kanan, maging sina Mila, Eya, at Les ay nabuhayan ulit ang mga boses.

The game is about to end, with only twenty seconds left on the clock. The Red Bulls team had possession of the ball when suddenly, Charles managed to steal it. As Charles found himself trapped by the relentless defense of the Red Bulls player, he skillfully dribbled the ball between his legs, searching for an opening.

With each move, the tension in the gym grew palpable, and the crowd held their breath, waiting to see what would happen next.

Five seconds.

Four.

Three.

Charles decided to step back and release the ball, just as the opponent attempted to reach for it but fell short. My attention was drawn to the ball, as it seemed to move in slow motion once again towards the hoop.

The suspense in the air was palpable as everyone held their breath, waiting to see if the shot would find its mark.

But I don't think the ball will make it into the ring!

Suddenly, a tall man wearing a yellow jersey leaped into the air. He jumped with incredible height and swiftly grabbed the ball, seamlessly shooting it towards the hoop.

The crowd erupted in a mix of awe and excitement as they witnessed this impressive display of athleticism. The ball soared through the air, heading straight for the ring.

The sequence of events happened so quickly that the entire atmosphere seemed to freeze in time. The gym fell into a hushed silence as everyone's minds processed what had just occurred.

It was as if the spectators were collectively holding their breath, their thoughts racing to comprehend the astonishing display of skill and agility. The anticipation hung in the air, creating a moment of suspended animation before the outcome of the shot would be revealed.

As the shot clock buzzer blared loudly, signaling the end of the game, the gymnasium erupted into a cacophony of cheers and shouts from the watching students. The sound reverberated throughout the space, filling it with a mix of jubilation and excitement.

The game had reached its thrilling conclusion, and the students couldn't contain their enthusiasm, celebrating the intense match they had just witnessed.

“Omg! I know na mananalo talaga sila!”

“Ahh! Best Team!”

Sinong nanalo?

I looked at the score of both teams and saw that the Red Bulls had 99 points, while the vboyz had 101 points. It was a close match, but ultimately, the vboyz emerged victorious. The man in the yellow jersey played a crucial role in securing the win for his team.

His exceptional skills and clutch performance undoubtedly contributed to their success. The crowd acknowledged his impact, recognizing him as a key factor in their triumph.

Naalala ko 'yung huling sandali ng laban.

A tall man wearing the number 1 jersey leaped high into the air, successfully reaching the ball and shooting it straight into the hoop. It was an impressive display of skill and athleticism.

Well done, Santiago.