07 ; instagram + dm + phone call

awstenknight

Liked by waterparks and 15,570 othersawstenknight NEW LOOK NEW LOOK NEW LOOK NEW LOOKView all 694 commentsdjmoneysnak Your likes dropped like 3,000 from the last post that's KILLING MEawstenknight @djmoneysnak NOT A FAN FAVORITE AHAHAHAHunderscore...

awstenknight NEW LOOK NEW LOOK NEW LOOK NEW LOOK
View all 694 comments
djmoneysnak Your likes dropped like 3,000 from the last post that's KILLING ME
awstenknight @djmoneysnak NOT A FAN FAVORITE AHAHAHAH
underscoregeoff Next album hair preview?
awstenknight @underscoregeoff 👀

DM

Taylor Eve Lane
the.taylorlane

————

*sent you a post by awstenknight*
this,, is so,, rat tail?? semi-middle part?? also, upgrade your phone, what are you doing with an 8

I only temporarily have an 8, shut the fuck up
also, I think I ROCK bleach blonde hair with a middle part and a rat tail, thank you very much

you do do you?

Yes.

question

Shoot

i wanna call you. can i call you?
is that weird?

Not at all, any particular reason?

something's happening and i think would be easier to call you than talking to someone who knows the person involved

Okay?
My number is (301)-***-****

thank you sm

•••

My phone started ringing, "unknown number" displayed on the screen. I wondered what Taylor meant by what she said as I pressed the green phone icon.

"Hey," she said, voice sounding.. prettier and smoother than expected.

"Hi. What's up?"

"Yeah, so," I heard her shift, "I'm at a guy's house."

I felt my heart sink.

"Okay?"

"Right, so he's in the bathroom currently and I don't know what to do. I think he wants more than I'm willing to give him."

"Then tell him. If he pressures you, get the fuck out of there."

"No no, I know. It's just, we've been friends for a while and I've always been friendly. But he read way to much into it and now he thinks we're on a date. When we're just.. watching tv at his apartment. After I've said we're just hanging out a thousand times. And he's been trying to get physically closer to me. He keeps 'accidentally' rubbing his hand on me when he walks by."

"You should tell him how you feel. Don't lead him on."

"I've tried," her voice drops to a whisper, "I've told him I think of him as a friend but he won't leave me alone."

"Then, uh, I don't-"

"Now, as shitty as this sounds, can you call me in like, two minutes?"

"To get you out?"

"Mhm."

"Will do."

"Thank you so much," she said, hanging up quick. I sat around, waiting for two minutes to go by. I decided to make her a contact seeing as I didn't have anything better to do.

Exactly two minutes went by when I decided to call her back. I went to my recents and clicked her name.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm calling back."

"Oh my God-" She said, sounding actually worried.

"Okay, yeah, how is she?"

"Pretty bad," I answered, playing along for whatever dumb reason.

"Okay okay, Lily I'm so sorry," she said, a slight tinge of sadness in her voice before she hung up.

Damn, that was actually believable. If I was in the guys position, I would actually fall for that. Which, I'm guessing, is exactly what happened when Taylor FaceTimed me about 10 minutes later.

"You ever consider being an actress?" I said after accepting the call and seeing her, looking exactly how she does in her photos. Absolutely stunning. She laughed, making my heart flutter.

"Thank you, thank you, I tried my hardest."

I talked to her on her drive home, slightly worried about her FaceTiming while driving, but feeling relieved when she pulled to a stop and put her car in park.

"Thank you Awsten, it was nice of you to do that."

"No problem. And uh, what did you tell him happened anyway?"

"That my best friend, Lily, her cat was in bad health and that we didn't know what was wrong with her. And that she needed support."

"Genius. And basic."

"Shut up," she smiled.

"Well, I gotta go. I have to record tomorrow."

"Tell me how it goes, I'll be expecting videos of you singing."

"No chance," I grinned, making her laugh again.

"Thanks again."

"No problem. Have a great night."

💫
( july 11, 2020 )