25 ; in person + instagram

"Oh come on Ben," I laughed and held onto Awsten's shoulders as he looked over from the lounge chairs.

"I don't like that game."

"Boring," Lily laughed and got down so Cora could sit on her shoulders.

"3... 2... 1... Go!" I yelled and shoved my sister.

"I don't wanna push you," Awsten laughed from beneath me, talking to Lily.

"Good, then I get an advantage."

I almost got Cora but I guess Lily caught Awsten off guard and pushed him strong enough because we both fell backwards.

"Okay," Ben said getting in, "I'll go. Who wants to help me go against Awsten and Taylor?"

"Me," Lily shouted, "I haven't pushed up top yet."

Ben let her climb on him as I sat on Awsten's shoulders again.

"Ready," Cora said from the side, "3.. 2.. 1.. Go!"

Lily and I started laughing, trying to get balanced. Ben started relentlessly shoving Awsten really hard.

"Dude what the fuck?" He said, trying to block him.

I knocked Lily off Ben's shoulders while she was distracted, having Awsten and I win for the fifth time that day.

"Did you see that?" Awsten said quietly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah," I nodded, "I'm gonna go see what's up."

I got out of the pool and yelled at Ben.

"Hey, come help me get food for everyone."

He rolled his eyes and laughed, following me into the house.

"So uh, bad day? Something piss you off this morning? Traffic?" I asked as we walked into the kitchen.

"Huh?"

"What you just did. It's just a game ya'know, you don't need to nearly start a fight."

He laughed.

"You said it yourself Tay, it's just a game. That was all friendly."

"Didn't look very friendly to me," I said, pouring chips onto a plate, "and I know you, B. Try not to pick a fight with Awsten, I like him. He's really cool, and he's nice to me. Just because while we dated we had plans doesn't give you the right to act like you're the best boy I've ever met."

Ben stared at me and scoffed.

"Okay."

He rolled his eyes, walking away and leaving me to dish up all the plates by myself. I sighed and put bread in the toaster, pulling out the ham and cheese. After I made two sandwiches, Awsten walked in, shirt halfway over his head.

"Oh, hey, I was wondering where you went. Do you need any help?"

"Uh, sure, can you pull out some more ham from the package thingy. It's a pain in the ass for me to do without ripping it."

He laughed and walked over, taking the sandwich meat out of the package.

"So Ben came out and apologized," he said, shoving a chip in his mouth, "but it wasn't like 'I'm sorry' it was just, 'sorry. I guess'."

I frowned and shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," he said, walking over and putting more bread in the toaster, "if he doesn't like me, he doesn't like me. It's not that big of a deal, I could care less."