33 ; phone call/in person + instagram

•••

I stared at my phone as it rang for the be the 4th time today. All calls from Awsten. But what can I say, he pissed me off. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow.

After however many rings it took, my phone went silent. I sighed and stood up to get Max. I walked downstairs to find him, but in the process, I made myself lunch. I haven't been eating much lately and Cora was getting mad at me, so I decided to have some left over chicken.

And of course, this smell brings Max to the kitchen.

I smiled and picked up the dog, grabbing my plate and walking back up to my bed, just in time to hear my phone ring again.

I my plate down and turned to the dog.

"Sometimes I wanna throw my phone across the room. Should I?"

He just tilted his head, so I smiled and picked up my phone, seeing Daph's name on the screen. Pleasant surprise.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothin much. Jawn's hanging out with the boys, planning tour stuff."

I rolled my eyes.

"Sounds fun. What're you up to?"

"Just kinda house work. Laundry, dusting, boring shit. How are you? I heard you and Awsten aren't on the best terms as of right now."

I sighed and plopped down.

"I guess I've just been thinking a lot. Like, I don't really wanna tell many people, but you're one of my best friends, so this is completely off the record okay?"

There was a pause before she answered.

"O..kay? Is it bad?"

"No no, just.. Awsten and I, uh, we've kinda had a thing going."

I could hear her smile.

"Ooo, fun! How's that going?"

I brushed my hair from my face and started petting Max.

"Well, I thought it was good. But apparently it's 'not a relationship' so he didn't bother telling me that he was about to be gone for 3 months."

"Oh, hun," she said, "he's really stressed. I know that's not what you want to hear, but he's got a lot on his plate. I'm not saying to completely let that slide because it was a shitty thing to say, but just.. cut him some slack."

I shrugged to myself.

"Okay. You're probably right."

"You don't have to call him now or anything, just let him know how you feel after you think on it for a bit. I love you, okay?"

I smiled.

"I love you too. Thank you Daph, you always talk sense into me."

"I know I do darling."

After talking for a couple hours, laughing about dumb shit, she had to go take her dog for a walk so we hung up. I was able to take a short nap before being woken up by Lily jumping on me.

"What the fu- how did you get in?"

She smiled and held up a key.

"Damnit Cora," I laughed and sat up.

"So, I bought a fuck ton of clothes and we're gonna have a fashion show to make you feel better."

I giggled and got up, walking over to the bags she had, looking through them. There were dresses, shirts, jeans, shorts, she even got socks. This fun little show went on for about two hours before we decided on the outfit we liked the most and went out to a coffee shop.

Lily said she started going to one with a nice couch and a "calm atmosphere".

We walked through the doors and there was three people there: the one worker, Lily, and me.

"Hello ladies, how are you today?"

"Great," Lily said with a smile, grabbing my arm and leading me to the counter, "I want a white chocolate mocha, iced please."

"Okay, and for you?"

Feeling slightly anxious for being put on the spot, I just said "same as her".

"We'll have that right out for ladies. Since you're the only ones here, we don't need a name," he laughed.

"Well, we'll be right over there," Lily said, pointing over to the couch.

He nodded and went back to make our coffees. I walked over and got comfortable on the couch.

"Ooh, pose," Lily said, pulling out her phone.

I did what she said and received about 10 photos. The rest of our day was about as chill as that. It was honestly just what I needed. She always seems to help me out, but of course she does.

INSTAGRAM

the.taylorlane

tagged ⟶ yellow

tagged yellow.lily
Liked by awstenknight and 991 others
View all 619 comments
the.taylorlane "that's when you know you've found somebody special. when you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence."
📸: @yellow.lily
yellow.lily he a dumb boy babe
the.taylorlane @yellow.lily right💔
underscoregeoff Nice shirt!
the.taylorlane @underscoregeoff hey thanks !

💫
( september 25, 2020 )