10 ; instagram + phone call + in person

yellow.lily

Liked by im

Liked by im.cora.lane and 217 others
View all 92 comments
yellow.lily bored again babes
the.taylorlane i wanna go to your house, any food you want?
yellow.lily @the.taylorlane omg omg ummmm cookie dough ice-cream
the.taylorlane @yellow.lily on it
hawk.eye_ @yellow.lily @the.taylorlane true friendship 🥺

•••

"So I'm at Target anddddd they don't have cookie dough."

"Nooooo," I whine, hoping to not annoy Tay.

"Alternative being.. moose tracks?"

"Sure. That actually sounds better than cookie dough."

"Definitely does. Do you want me to get a movie?"

"Rom-com pleaseeee."

"What about the one that has Rebel Wilson in it, it came out around Valentine's day?"

"Isn't It Romantic? YES."

She laughed.

"Okay, I have acquired the movie. On my way to your place as soon as I buy it."

After about 20 minutes of scrolling through Twitter and Instagram, I heard a knock on my door. I hadn't hung out with Taylor in a while and I was excited she decided to randomly show up.

"Oh my God," she said, putting the bag on the floor and wrapping her arms around me.

"Hi hi hi oh my God," I said, hugging her back.

"Okay, let's go make pizza because I'm hungry," she said, not even wasting a second.

"Babe, I don't have pizza."

"I do," she said, pulling a box out.

"Hell yeah," I said, shutting the door so my cat doesn't decide to leave. Her phone started ringing and she sighed.

"Sorry, I have to take this."

She walked into the other room, and me being her best friend, I listened as intently as I could. Obviously only being able to hear one side of the conversation, I determined she was talking to a boy. And when she walked out smiling, face completely red, that was enough confirmation.

"Who was it," I said, smiling.

"A guy. That's all you get," she said simply, walking around me to get the ice-cream scoop.

"Oo, he sounds great," I laughed, sitting up on the counter.

"Lily, I love you, but I'll talk to you about him once him and I have a solid relationship OR friendship. I'm definitely not trying to rush anything."

"Good," I said, remembering Taylor's ex. They're perfectly fine, friends even, but they rushed into their relationship so fast. At the rate they were going, we'd all joke that they'd get married before it'd even been a year. And even though they're okay now, I had to see Tay go through the stage of when it wasn't and it hurt me.

"Okay," she said, handing me a bowl, "let's go watch a rom-com."

💫
( july 12, 2020 )