45 ; in person + instagram

"Awsten- stop."

He looked up at, eyes wide.

"Why?"

"We need those to actually make the cookies."

He looked down at the chocolate chips in his hand and frowned.

"I'm always so careful about what I put in my body, but the one day I decide not to care, you tell me to stop."

I laughed and walked up to him, kissing him before turning away.

"I'm sorry, but we can't make chocolate chip cookies if you eat the chocolate chips."

He shrugged and walked over, spraying a pan with cooking oil. As I was lining the pan with balls of cookie dough, I heard Awsten laughing. I looked over and saw him hiding behind his phone.

"What are you laughing at?"

"You're so cute."

I smiled and shook my head, returning back to the task at hand.

"Why do you tolerate me?" he asked, lifting himself up and sitting on the island in our kitchen.

"I don't tolerate you," I said, "I like you. To 'tolerate' is to put up with, but I actually like spending time with you."

He smiled at me.

"Well, I like spending time with you too. And ever since tour's ended, you've been nothing but nice to me."

Waterparks' Fandom tour ended a couple weeks ago and the first week, Awsten just slept. Hard. I went over to his apartment and knocked for half an hour one day before giving up and going home. And since he's caught up on sleep, he's determined to make up time we've lost while he was gone.

But we're dating now, so it's not like I'm going anywhere.

"Taylor, when we're done making cookies, can we go do something," Awsten said as I put the pan in the oven.

"What do you wanna do?"

"Maybe... coffee? But not like, Starbucks, somewhere we can sit."

"We can sit in Starbucks babe."

"No," he said, rubbing his eyes, "I mean like-"

"I know what you mean," I laughed, leaning against the counter between his knees, "somewhere not busy."

He nodded and lent forward and kissed me. I felt him smile.

"Am I interrupting something," Cora said as she walked in. We pulled away from each other, Awsten's face turning red.

"Nope."

"Just checking. Incase I was and you're lying, let me remind you this is the kitchen. Meant for making food."

I laughed, not moving from my spot against the counter.

"That's what we're doing. Chocolate chip cookies are ready in 20 minutes."

She nodded, grabbing a little but of left over cookie dough and walking out of the kitchen.

"You wanna go play with the dog," I asked, turning back to Awsten.

He looked down at me, smiling.

"Of course."

I walked away, calling Max and hearing him run out into the kitchen. I opened the door and grabbed a toy for him to play fetch with.

Half an hour went by before we went in, seeing the cookies on the stove top. Awsten grabbed a couple and walked off.

"Where're you going?" I asked as he walked down the hall.

"We're going to a coffee shop, are we not?"

INSTAGRAM

taylorlane

tagged ⟶ awstenknightLiked by awstenknight and 900 othersView all 488 commentstaylorlane i painted his nails do you like 'em📸: meawstenknight NOOO WHY DID YOU POST THIStaylorlane @awstenknight :)palaye_parx_stan too cute 🥺stpd_4_otto ew wait it'...

tagged awstenknight
Liked by awstenknight and 900 others
View all 488 comments
taylorlane i painted his nails do you like 'em
📸: me
awstenknight NOOO WHY DID YOU POST THIS
taylorlane @awstenknight :)
palaye_parx_stan too cute 🥺
stpd_4_otto ew wait it's real? y'all are actually dating? come on @awstenknight , do better

💫
( november 11, 2020 )