24 ; in person + instagram

"Cora!" I yelled, holding Max so he could swim around in the pool.

"Yeah?"

"Hurry up!"

"What's the rush?" Ben asked, walking over to me.

"Well I wanna call Lily and see if she needs a ride."

"What about her car?" Cora walked over and got in the water.

"It got hit in a parking lot? She said while she was in Walmart some asshole backed into it really hard because he thought there was room and crunched it."

"Oh damn," the two said simultaneously.

"Yeah," I said, pulling myself out of the water, "so I'm gonna call her."

I felt the cold air hit my legs as I ran over to my phone. I pressed the power button and saw I had 6 missed calls. An unknown number, three from Awsten and two from Lily. I clicked on Lily's name and heard the phone ring for one or two tones before she picked up.

"Hey! Where are you, I thought you said you'd be by-"

"1, I know, I'm sorry," I sighed, slipping on a pair of shorts, "I'm on my way."

I ran out to my car, getting in and heading my way over to Lily's. While I drove, I decided to see what Awsten needed.

"Hey," he sounded relieved. He'd been home in Texas for a month and a half. It was a boring month and a half for me.

"Hello? What's up?"

"Can you uh, God, I'm really sorry, can you pick me up from the airport by chance?"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Sure? Why?"

"My friend Kellen was supposed to be here like, 45 minutes ago but he slept in or something. Point is, I'm not really tired but I need to get home somehow. I'm really sorry if it's inconvenient-"

"No, no, I'm just, I'm on my way to Lily's. Can I pick her up before I come and get you?"

"Yeah, whatever you need to do. Man, I'm just so goddamn BORED."

I laughed and pulled down Lily's street.

"You sound like it. I'm about to reach Lily's house, I'll be there in 20 at least."

"Thank you so much Tay."

"No problem."

He hung up as I pulled in my friend's driveway.

"Oh my God, took you long enough," she said as she got in the passenger seat.

"Yeah yeah, blah blah, we gotta stop somewhere before we head back."

"Where?"

"The uh, the airport."

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Why?"

I sighed.

"Awsten's friend didn't show up and he's been there for nearly an hour."

Lily scrunched her nose.

"That's stupid."

"You're telling me."

She laughed before cutting short and looking at me.

"I finally get to see you two together."

"Awsten and I aren't-"

"Together, yeah yeah," she interrupted, "but basically. And it's cute, so shut up."

"Just because we've kissed once or twice-"