9 - one too many

——

——

The bar was packed full of strangers. Friends hanging out and drinking, a group of people bar hopping, even a pre bachelor party were all present when the team entered the bar.

"First rounds on me." Derek announced as he headed towards the bar with Spencer.

The rest of the team situated themselves at a couple different tables and waited for the two boys to come back. Once they were back with the drinks, everyone relaxed.

Derek and Spencer went to play darts, Hotch and Rossi found a quiet place to sit back and nurse their whiskey and the girls were left to talk.

"Hey Emily, Olivia." Penelope said loudly over the noise.

"Yeah Garcia?" Emily replied as Olivia just turned to give Penelope her undivided attention.

"See those two guys over there?" She nodded her head in their direction. "They've been staring at you two ever since we walked in."

"Is that so?" Olivia laughed.

Emily managed to sneak a peak and nudged Olivia. "They're cute. You want to go talk to them?"

Olivia sighed, "Not particularly."

"Aw come on. At least be my wing woman?" Emily asked her.

Olivia thought for a moment. It was obvious the alcohol was getting to her. "Why not? Wish us luck Garcia." She said as they both stood up.

Nearby, Hotch and Rossi were watching Derek and Spencer play darts. Derek hadn't missed a shot. Spencer on the other hand, had only managed to get about half of his darts to actually land on the board.

They watched as Spencer landed another one and cheered.

"Yes." He cheered as he punched the air.

"I still win kid." Derek laughed.

"Whatever." Spencer replied and took a sip of his club soda. He wasn't too big on alcohol right now.

"Aaron." Rossi said.

"Yes Dave." He replied.

"I think we should show these boys how it's done." He said and stood up.

Hotch chuckled and placed his glass down. He nodded and he too headed over to pick up some darts.

After Olivia and Emily left the table to go talk to those two men, Garcia was left with nothing to do but sip her cocktail and watch them. She watched as they both said something and simultaneously grabbed the girls' hands and kissed the top of them.

Olivia was feeling oddly nervous as she walked up to the two guys who Garcia had pointed out had been staring at them. Maybe it was because she hadn't flirted with a guy in a long time. Or gone on a date for that matter. But that bundle of nerves building up in her stomach just wouldn't go away.
She stood by the bar directly next to them with Emily by her side.

"Ladies." The man with brown hair and hazel eyes said as him and his friend approached them.

The blonde haired brown eyed one smiled as he grabbed Olivia's hand and the other grabbed Emily's hand. They both gave them a soft smile as they bent down and kissed the tops of their hands.
Olivia could almost hear those nerves go poof as soon as that happened.

"I'm Ethan." The blonde one said as he let go of Olivia's hand.

"Olivia." She introduced herself and smiled.

She glanced over at Emily, who was now seated at the bar with the brown haired guy. She was sipping on a new drink and had a smile on her face. Maybe being a 'wing woman' wasn't that bad.

She felt Ethan softly grab her chin and gently turn her head back to face him. "Your friend is fine. I want you to focus on me." He said and smiled.

Olivia giggled and tucked her hair behind her ear. They carried on talking for a while and, like Emily, they went to occupy seats at the bar and drink whilst talking.

"So what do you do for a living." She asked him.

"I'm a freelance photographer." He answered.

"Nice! You get to choose your own hours, do what you love."

He smiled, "yeah. It's pretty cool I guess. And you? What job takes up all your time?"

"Um I'm an architect." She didn't necessarily like telling people about her job. They asked too many questions.

"Hey that's pretty cool. So you design buildings? Like skyscrapers and stuff?"

"More like modern houses and stuff like that." She replied as she finished her drink.

"Can I get you another one?" Ethan offered.

She shook her head. "I think I've had enough for now, thank you."

She was feeling a little tipsy and didn't want to drink anymore. Always just in case a case came up.

"Aw come on, just one more?" He leaned in closer to her and lightly touched her waist.

"No I don't-" but she was cut off by his lips gently kissing her neck. From the angle he was doing this, no one looking would be able to see her. Just him placing kisses down her neck.

"Ethan." She tried to push him off but him being physically stronger than her meant he wouldn't budge. "Stop." She whimpered.

"Wow Hotch. You beat Rossi by an inch." Morgan exclaimed as he watched Hotch throw his winning dart.

He grinned and clapped Dave on the back.

"Hey boys." Garcia walked up to them.

"Hey baby. Wanna play?" Derek picked up a dart and twirled it in his fingers.

"No thank you. I prefer to watch." She said and sat down.

"Rossi? You feel up for loosing again?"

He laughed but went to get his darts anyway.

"Garcia, where is Prentiss and Ambrosia?" Hotch asked her.

"Um I think they're at the bar with some guys. Actually just two guys. Watching them get all that hotness got boring after awhile." She replied as she blew some hair off her face.

Hotch glanced towards the bar and spotted Prentiss with a guy drinking and talking. His eyes searched for Olivia in the crowd and almost gave up when he noticed a blonde guy seated at the side of the bar, kissing a woman. He thought nothing of it until he saw what the woman was wearing; blue jeans and a white silk top. He could see the silk reflect the lights and knew it was her. He was about to look away again when he noticed her hands. Initially he thought she was grabbing him closer but upon further inspection, he saw her hands pushing him away.

He placed the glass of whiskey he had picked up just moments before on the table and rushed to where he knew Olivia was.

"Where's he going?" Derek asked as he saw Hotch leave.

Garcia shrugged her shoulders and carried on watching Rossi beat Derek. It was the most entertaining sight she'd seen in a long time.