15 - no doubt about it

——

——

"Foyet called Haley from Kassmeyer's phone." Hotch told Olivia as he left the hospital.

"All right, we'll get Garcia to trace it." JJ said as she came to stand next to Olivia.

"He told her she was compromised and I was dead."

"Well, have you called her?" Olivia asked him.

He sighed. "No. He said to throw her phone away and to buy a disposable."

"Hotch, we're gonna come get you right now." Morgan said as he listened to him on the phone.

"No, Anderson's bringing me a car." He replied is as he watched the road.

"You want to meet back at the office?"

"I'm hoping that she's just gonna call me, at least, to check." He said as he saw Anderson pull up and he got inside the car.

"Foyet posed as a marshal, even called from a number that Haley recognized. And then he did what gets him off. He scared her." Rossi said. By now almost the whole team was listening to Hotch.

Prentiss looked up from her files. "No, he paralyzed her. He overwhelmed her."

"And now she trusts him. Where do you think he would take her?" Olivia wondered out loud.

"Witness protection had her living in New Jersey." Morgan told them.

"He has a head start. He could be there now." Hotch was driving with no particular destination.

"Garcia's got a trace." Morgan told them. "He's bouncing between a few towers."

"Where?" Hotch asked as he slowed down.

"Fairfax county." He heard Garcia say.

"He's still local? Send the coordinates to my phone." By now, he was worried.

"Done." He received the coordinates and hung up. He was going to that place.

"And you still didn't know where Foyet was?" Strauss questioned

"The phone belonged to a U.S. Marshal. It was designed to bounce between towers, So we could not pinpoint his location." Rossi told her.

"And agent Hotchner was driving around aimlessly." She replied.

"No. He wasn't. We had Foyet's profile, and we knew if we followed it, we would know were he took Hotch's family." He recounted.

"All right, Foyet has to be in control." Prentiss said. "He had Haley come to him."

"Yeah, but where would he take her?" Morgan questioned.

"He'd want Hotch to find him, to see where he was, which means he... to see what he did." Olivia pointed out.