42 - three words, eight letters

——

——

"Mom?" She said as she squinted at the woman standing in front of her.

"Oh sweetie." Her mother said and pulled her into a hug. Olivia quietly tucked her gun back into her holster and hugged her back.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?" She sighed.

"The door was unlocked. I thought you were here so I just let myself in." Her mom replied.

"Mom what? Are you sure the door was unlocked?"

Her mom nodded and Olivia immediately glanced around as she shoved her mother behind her. She grabbed her gun and pointed it forward as she slowly started walking around her house. "Mom go to the kitchen. And stay there." She said. Her mom nodded and hurried to the kitchen.

She walked slowly around the house and made it upstairs. She checked all of her rooms and finally inched slowly towards her bedroom. She cleared her main room and bathroom and walked to her walk in closet. No one was their either. Her weaponry.

She put in the passcode and scanned her finger and it opened. She looked around. Nothing was out of place, nothing had been disturbed. Except for a piece of paper lying on top of her glass encased nunchucks. It was inside the case placed directly on top of the nunchucks.

Peace will come to those who seek it.
To those who don't, it will come anyway.

She felt a pang at her heart as she read the words. Her old trainer used to say those exact words to her. Then she realized something. Only he would know how to get inside the glass case. Let alone her weaponry. She went back outside and grinned as she saw him sitting in her armchair.

"Olivia." He said happily and she smiled.

"You totally freaked me out Marko." She said and gave the man who had taught her how to fight when she was little a hug.

"It was my intention. I did not anticipate the gun in your hands, however." He said and glanced down at the weapon.

She tucked it back in its holster. "Ah, well it's been a while." They headed out of her room and walked down stairs. "How about I catch you up over some tea?"

"Olivia, honey?" Her mom's shaking voice came from the kitchen.

"It's fine mom, Marko doesn't know how to knock on a door." She said as they made it to the kitchen.

She noticed her mom put a chefs knife down and eyed her carefully. She hadn't meant to scare her mom but after everything she'd been through, her mind immediately went to the worst case scenario when he mother told her the door was unlocked.

"Marko dear." Her mother smiled and gave him a hug. "It's been too long."

"Indeed it has Mrs Ambrosia." He smiled and Olivia put the kettle on.

The tea was ready in no time and the three of them took a seat on the barstools.

"So, gun?" Marko asked.

"I work for the FBI. I have for a while now." She told him.

"Wow. That's something." He sipped his tea. "I've been traveling a lot. There's so much of the world I have yet to see."

"That's wonderful. I have too." Her mother said. "We've been basically all over Europe now."

"That's lovely. I've been traveling through the mountains. The Himalayas mostly. Such a rich culture surrounds those beautiful peaks." He sighed.

Three hours and many stories later, Olivia was feeling incredibly tired as her mother and Marko bid her goodnight and went their separate ways.

She had just gotten into her pajamas when her phone started ringing.

"Olivia Ambrosia." She said groggily. She really hoped it wasn't the team with a case. She was running on no sleep right now.

"Liv?" Aaron's usually strong voice broke as he said her name.

She instantly felt awake as she registered his voice. "Aaron? What's wrong."

He stayed silent and she heard him sniffle. "I'm uh, I'm outside. Jack is with his aunt and I'm outside."

She ran down the stairs with her phone still in her hand and threw open the door. Her boyfriend stood there, his phone pressed to his ear and tears running down his face.

She pulled him inside and hugged him tight. He relaxed into her arms and she guided him upstairs. They were currently sitting silently on her bed as he tried to find the words to explain what was happening.

A million thoughts raced through her head as she watched the man next to her.

"Baby." She said and took his hand in hers. "Are you okay,"

Aaron shook his head and frowned.

She stood up and maneuvered him underneath the duvet and she slipped in next to him. He wrapped his arm around her waist and buried his head in her neck. "Tell me what's wrong?"

"I don't know." He whispered. "I just feel like this and it doesn't want to go away."

She held him tightly and ran her fingers through his hair. She found it calmed him down and carried on doing it until he was sound asleep. She placed a kiss on his forehead and found herself drifting off to sleep not long after.

Aaron woke up a few hours later and groaned. He lifted his head up and noticed he wasn't in his usual surroundings. He started panicking before he heard Olivia sigh and move a little in her sleep and he relaxed. He hugged her closer to him and tucked her head underneath his chin.

"What are you doing?" She asked tiredly.

"Holding you."

She hummed and got comfortable in his arms and opened her eyes. She instantly met his eyes and she smiled shyly up at him.

"You know what this calls for?" He quirked an eyebrow up in response. "A pillow fight!" She squealed and hit him with the pillow she had been trying to grab since she woke up.

He laughed and grabbed his own pillow before he watched her stand up on the bed and proceed to hit him with said pillow.

"Hey!" He scrambled up to join her and the pillow fight commenced.

She hit him on his arm and he in turn hit her on the head. There were feathers flying everywhere and she sneezed as one floated too near to her nose. He grinned and took that opportunity to whack her with his and when she distractedly hit back, he grabbed the pillow and tugged it so that she fell towards him. He grabbed her closer to him and she stumbled into his arms. She dropped her pillow and smiled up at him as his face got closer to hers.

Their lips met and she melted into the kiss. Her hands rested on his hips and his were tangled in her hair. Her fingers dipped underneath his shirt and felt his muscles tense as she lightly ghosted the tips of her fingers across his chest.
Their breathing became heavy as they broke apart. Aaron smiled at her and she gave him a funny look. "What?"

"I love you." He grinned.

She toyed with the hair at the nape of his neck and placed a kiss on his lips. "I love you too."