Chapter Two

As I reached the 10th floor and realized the lift was not available still, I resorted to finishing the number of floors with the stairs – if I could do ten, then what is six - On getting to the meeting room, I was out of breath literally, plus that, the door had been locked from the inside. I took a heavy breath into my craving lungs and held them for thirty seconds before I released them desperately. I went back to my table to rest because this wasn’t the first time Da Na had tried something so devious and me being faithful—wait no, stupid, too stupid enough— fell for it, but this time was the end of it.

I wasn’t going to let the wench ruin my professional life. I got my phone and texted Haneul to come to my rescue before I grabbed the bottle of water on my desk and gulped it down without mercy like a goblin. I almost choked as I saw my chocolate fountain standing—tall like an arc angel that would be made of chocolate in this case—in front of me, and my joy mixed with anxiousness for I knew what was about to come.

“I remember specifically asking you to be in that meeting. What happened to obeying instructions?” he looked at me with one hand in his pocket and the other in between us.

How can someone be this attractive when angry? I think it’s the way he positioned his brow that gave it away.

“I am sorry Sir, I went to quickly grab something from the lobby and…”,

“What is it?” he raised his brow and I could properly see for the first time that he had a sunbeam for eyes, oh, how beautiful heaven must be. 

“That’s the thing, Sir, I thought that there was something to carry but there was nothing, I… I…. it was just a prank to make me late…” I tried to explain but the sun beam penetrating my eyes made my lids flutter like my senses and I could not look into them even if I could.

“Ah! There is a new explanation this time, there is no—you misplaced your phone or your writing material or your left shoe but now it is a prank? Look, Ms. Vivian if you are tired of working with me, you just need to say so. The technical team, the production team, and other departments are willing to accept you, so can you stop this entire child’s play and be realistic for a change? Vivian, You are not even an employee yet and this is what you have to offer? Let me keep hoping that this is not all you have to offer, because, you need more than 'these' to go further in this company. Now, pick whatever it is you need for that meeting and get in there!” never have I seen him so professionally angry and mouth-watering at the same time. Today is a lucky day!  I picked up my notepad and vamoosed under the loving watch of those sunbeam eyes’.

I looked up to the clock hanging on the wall in front of our desks, At 6:30 pm it read, the meeting had just ended thirty minutes prior, and boy, I was surely exhausted. I could not believe our General Manager was a professional talkative, how can only one man talk through hours like a programmed robot, I'm so glad it was just thirty minutes remaining and I’d be done for the day, yes done for the day and it would be goodbye suckers!

I watched with anticipation as the time moved paranormally slower than normal with each minute going slower than the last, I began to wish that I could just “va va va voom” the big ‘idiotic’ hand. I decided to play a game on my phone to waste time and save myself from this torture of waiting for time, to be on time.

  I looked at the wall clock after playing every game on my phone and gasped at what I saw, how could it be 6:32 pm after an eternity of playing every game, I’d vowed not to touch it after realizing the developers had installed them just to “fulfill all righteousness”.