Chapter Twenty

Her lips on his made every pain and hurt disappear, and truly they were what he dreamt of but it was softer than the clouds and sweeter than the best wine he had ever tasted.

He pulled her close by the waist with his other hand on her neck so afraid that she would pull away or run away from him before he could show her that he needed and missed her.

How could she refuse to go home with him after making him go crazier and lonelier without her? How could she leave him alone with those predators who only hungered for power and position? Didn't she miss him too?

He moved his lips to the side of her mouth placing a kiss and dragged it to her cheek, leaving another before he moved from her ear to the hair above it then, from her head to her forehead, leading to her eye and nose, before her mouth side and back to her lips again.

Did she know what she was doing to him? Her kisses hit every pressure point and he could feel sparks and butterflies right in his heart.

Not able to contain the pleasures of his lips on her skin unlocking feelings she'd never knew he could, she released a low growl that told Seon Jo, he was leaving the lump.

She kissed, he caressed and they were both going crazy! This wasn't supposed to happen and yet no one was stopping or even thought of it.

She gave in to what he was bringing on and what he would let go of and she would take in. Like cocaine, he was becoming and she couldn't resist it any longer because she could taste every emotion,  every desire and could tell she peaked them all.

As her heart beat against his chest, all his questions on how much she missed him were being answered. How much he affected her... how much was he wanted, all these, her heartbeats answered while still sounding like music to his ears.

His lips on her’s, his hands on her skin, the heat from his calm breath mixing with her, and his taste on her tongue surpassed every sweetness she had tasted and it wasn't enough because, she wanted it all, every single portion of him that he had to offer, his heart, his body and soul, even his mind and his home...

Vivian

'Home' where the Queen lived and the people who wanted me gone so bad that they left me for wolves to devour and were surely still waiting for me to return so they would make life terrible for me and everyone that I cared about with the King now included.

No! I didn't want that no matter how much I wanted or I thought I needed his love, I couldn't darn these consequences, they were too heavy to think of, talkless of bearing.

He was still kissing me, hanging onto my upper lip like a cliff for dear life when I stopped but he still kissed like I would be gone forever in the next second, there I knew that this man had fallen too far and couldn't be helped because he wouldn't want to be helped.

I held his face away from mine and looked into his eyes held questions and satisfaction before hugging him to let go afterward.

I left the room - after taking one last look that would sink into my memory - to meet with Young Pil, so he could take me back home. I tried as much as I could not to look behind, but when I did, I saw he wasn't out yet.

I guessed he was still nursing his disappointment and hurt. I turned and walked forward to the waiting Young Pil to take me back home before Yeong Su arrived.

She left him, she didn't want to go back with him, she chose to live far away from him, to stay away from his reach. He looked as if she left with Young Pil, he couldn't bear the thought that they could finally turn her against him by making her afraid to be by his side.