Chapter Fifteen

She brightened up her face and straightened her clothes before going outside to receive her visitor who was already walking to the threshold...

“Your Royal Highness, you could have called me to your residence, there's no need to...”

“Oh no, not when you're almost due, I can't have you stressing. I'm still strong and I can walk so let me do the stressing, not you. Come on let's go in, it's cold outside.”

She led her granddaughter-in-law in and helped her sit down before she sat opposite her.
“How's the preparation for the festival going, is the any problem?”

“No, all is going according to plan, your Royal Highness.”

"According to plan... now talking about plans, what are your plans for the strange woman under your custody?” she asked and when she saw no surprised reaction from InMok, she realized InMok knew that she was aware.

“Your Highness, I just want to keep her away from my husband, until he learns to love me...”

“We both know that is impossible for my grandson to love you. we all know that he never wanted to get married, he just did it to please us all. So you must release the stranger! " the Queen Dowager ordered.

"But your Highness, I... " Queen Inmok tried to defend but the Queen gave her no chance,

"To what length are you going to take it? Do you even know what you have done? What will His Majesty say and do when he gets to know you orchestrated the plans just because of your anger against him knowing fully well he adores the stranger? You don't want to make this silly mistake... " she persuaded calmly.

"Your Royal Highness, I don't know how you found out but I'm assured His Majesty won't and.. " she defended

"Who do you think I am? Just an ordinary Queen Dowager sitting around playing the grandma role?? Oh don't be naive, I knew since the day she was kidnapped. I only waited patiently to know what you want to do but this, this is not going to end well. With the way this investigation is taken, it will be a matter of a day before she will be found. I'll advise you to stop it while you can and besides I don't want it to obstruct the happiness on New Year's Day for everyone... ".

"What about me or am I not among them?" She looked at the Queen Dowager like a child.

“Don't worry it includes you, just do as I say and you will be happy." She assured as she got up and looked back at Queen Inmok,

"Don't worry child, his heart will always be here, I assure you, just worry about yourself and my great grandson, hmm. Don't see me out, rest the crown prince. " she smiled and left.

Having the Queen Dowager by her side meant she had nothing to fear.
She took a piece of paper, a writing brush and scribbled on it, rolled it, and called on her maid who always waited by the door.

"Are you there?”

“Yes Your Highness” she answered,

“Come in" She entered and went on her knees,

“Give this by your own hands to the Minister Go when he comes tomorrow for the court meeting." She ordered the maid who received it and bowed before leaving.

King Seon Jo

Your Majesty!! " they all chorused with their heads bowed as I entered walking towards the throne.

"Arise. " I permitted as I sat down and glanced at every man in this courtroom.

"The King looks happy and energetic today, I rejoice with you, your Majesty. " the prime minister Nam bowed.