Chapter Twenty Four.

“I'm back.” I said as I looked over to the clock on my bedside that '05:29 A.M' radiated LED lights into the room.

I tried to remember where my life stopped before I left, it was supposed to be... Saturday was the wedding day but my phone on the bed wrote Monday, two whole days?

I was there for two whole days!? I screamed just before the alarm went on and read 05:30 AM immediately work came to mind and I expected the  C.E.O. to resume that day.

Slowly I rose to my feet taking in the reality that I had been thrown out of Joeson exactly how I was thrown in, and I advised myself to get it together.
I kept dragging my feet to get ready for work even if my body wanted to melt in here and cry.

At Work...
Getting to the building, I stopped right in front of the door and inhaled while worrying that I might not last the day because my heart still stung like crazy.
How was I going to make it through today or tomorrow feeling like a ticking time bomb.?

I took my phone to call for an off day but the person I was about to call held my shoulder unexpectedly from behind and steered me to the building while saying,

“If you think you're going to be absent when the C. E. O arrives, think again...” loud and crystal clear by my team leader and friend Haneul with the cliché “ I am the boss. ” smile thrown at me.

Oh, I missed your sassy lifestyle, all those months!! Was hell without you and Hana.”  I smiled as I threw my arms around her and hugged the life out of her to make up for those months we never saw, which was surprising to her.

“Are you guys having a bear hug without me? ” I heard Hana say sounding offended coming our way. I missed my walking CCTVs! I opened my arms inviting her as well and she responded with a happy squeal which I still disliked but who cared...
After hugging them to my satisfaction, I let go smiling at the confused ladies.

"That was so lovely... " Hana complimented but she quickly asked “...however, why were we hugging?” looking at me for answers,

“I just want to ah.. thank... you both for... the.. the wedding!  Yes, the wonderful wedding... Yes, the.. the wedding. ” I lied hoping they'd buy it and not ask further questions.

Haneul opened her lips to talk but the rushing of staff to the reception we were at, interrupted her and we turned to take a look at the direction everyone else was looking at and saw the C. E. O's car coming through the gate.

Immediately everyone began falling into place and soon enough we were ready to receive him.
As the car got closer to the building, I turned around to find everyone present but the receptionist So Young who was supposed to be at the forefront. Worriedly, I leaned to my left side to ask Hana who told me she had no idea of her whereabouts, Haneul too.

Once I noticed nobody was looking, I slipped out to the reception table to find her not there, then I walked to the upper floor and searched but I still couldn't find her.

I began to feel pressed and turned to find the restroom when I caught a silhouette in the new C. E. O's office and I advanced to check if it was So Young.
As I opened the door, I almost fell to the floor when my legs gave out but immediately caught the door's handle before I could kiss the floor.

Why do my legs give out? Because the face of this person triggered fear I didn't know followed me from Joeson, and as surprised as I was, so was the person who noticed the state I was in and rushed over to me holding me up.

“Are you alright? Vivian SSI? ” she asked worriedly

“Y.. yeah, I am, thank you... ” I responded with my eyes fastened to this face; how could she look like In Mok? And how on earth is this possible?