Chapter Twelve

Vivian

I was on the edge of madness with this amount of boredom and silence always following when everyone retired for the night. I admit that I missed the garden and the King.

Yeah, yeah,  he's married and has a family but this attraction is as stubborn as grass, and nothing I did helped to get rid of it.

Speaking of him, I hadn't seen him since the night he dropped me and Min Soo off.

With my thoughts on the verge of throwing me off the cliff, I realized I needed something to wind off but the garden was so far as the King and I couldn't bear it any longer.

I stood up carefully from the bed so as not to wake Min Soo.

I went through the back door - Dong Yi discovered when we explored the apartment three times bigger than my ex-condo - while deciding to go to the garden with or without anyone's approval.

As I moved out of the house and further to the backyard, I almost jumped out of my skin when a light suddenly shone on my face I immediately stood still to get the attention away from me but when it didn't, I turned to see who was responsible for the reflection job, I couldn't be happier when I discovered it was a what, not a who.

"Why risk the garden when a pond, a legit pond lies before me? " I beamed as I began to undress but stopped in my attempt to when I heard something or someone move on the ceiling behind me.
I turned around slowly, gradually lifting her head and I caught a silhouette on the ceiling sitting and looking directly at me.

"I see you found it, " the silhouette's owner said with a calm voice but realizing I wasn't moving, he climbed down and walked towards me trying to hold my hands, but I flinched pointing to where he just jumped down from and he explained to me,

“That is my favorite spot and I was already here for the air before you came out of the house.” when I remembered that I was the refugee in his refuge, I  returned to the pond, sat by it as I let my legs into the water before inviting him to sit by me and he did.

He had been talking for almost an hour after I   wrote

"how was your day?" Though all he said, none I  could relate to I listened anyway and when he was done, I smiled at him like he did before looking away.

A little conversation and silence in between is all they both need to feel the calm they've both been searching for.
This silence wasn't the awkward type, it was the comfort and peaceful kind, little comments and silence made those two find that joy and happiness they had been longing for a long time, since their last time together.

I felt something wet yet warm cover my hand and I turned to see his hands on mine not feeling the urge to remove it, I  allowed it to be and looked away.

I felt his eyes on me so, I turned to confirm but I saw his dimples instead of eying me and this was the first time I attempted to touch them.

Raising my hands to feel the depth of those holes, I positioned my fingers so as not to poke his... Wait, to touch the Royal Majesty's face was a taboo...

As soon as I retracted my hands that was already an inch closer to his face, he caught them and brought them to his cheek faster, like he knew what I wanted to do much to my surprise.

My pointing finger was almost swallowed by this dimple of his yet he smiled wider at my reaction. I laughed feeling embarrassed of how loud my actions were and I pulled my hands from him as he looked away.

I knew he loved the sound of my laugh just the way he quickly brought his eyes to my face with admiration swirling in them.

By the time I was done laughing away the awkwardness, I could feel his breath on my lips now after he had been staring at them.
she thought she saw wrong when he leaned closer to her, but no she wasn't, he is though frustratingly slow but yes he is.