Chapter 4

When Misprint slowly woke up, he was surrounded by softness, and seemingly ontop of something? He stirred, trying to wake up a little more, but stilled after feeling the something under him move slightly. He opened his eyes, quickly adjusting to the light that somehow reached the bottom of the ocean, only to find he was ontop of Lapis' lap, on a couch that he definitely didn't remember falling asleep on. Slowly, as to try not to disturb the others' sleep, he got out of the couch, and thought for a bit before going to explore the house. In front of the front door-boulder-thing, was the living room, which is where he woke up in, which then opened up into a kitchen, then to the left he saw a hallway. The first room was what looked like it was suppose to be a bathroom, but because they're underwater, and fish don't really have to use a room with that purpose, much less for skeletons, it was just an emty room with a closet, a bunch of shelves, and boxes. In the closet was just medical stuff, like first aids, the shelves with the same things, beacause what else would they put in there. Then the boxes looked like they were holding personal belongings, so Misprint didn't look through it.

Past the empty room - he's beginning to think it's a storing room - were 4 bedrooms, and because it's rude to look in peoples' rooms without permission, he just swam the opposite direction. 

Going back into the kitchen, he saw another entry that seemed to go down, into a basement, presumably. Misprint looked back into the living room, making sure that he still has enough time to explore without fearing getting into trouble with the others. Good they're all still asle- wait... where's Lapis? Should I look for him? Maybe he's in the kitchen, despite me being there not even a minute ago.

Misprint turned around and went back into the kitchen only to see no one there. he went back through the hallway and took a quick peek to see if he was in one of the rooms he hasn't checked. No one. Then he went back to look in the basement, but stopped at the top step, hesitating. Since he spent so much time in the anti-void, he had gotten used to the brightness of the white, so much so that when he sees too many colors at once, or lack thereof, he gets the tiniest bit frightened.

This was when someone decided it would be a good idea to scare the shiz out of him...

Dang it Fresh.

"Heya Misprint! Whatcha-" 

"AaHhH!!! Oh My GoSh, YoU fUnKiNg ScArEd ThE sHiZ oUt Of Me! WhAt WaS tHaT fOr?!" Misprint yelled, not realizing the censors that he said. Great, now all he could see is glitches and his old name, just great.

Suddenly, he heard the someone laugh, which sounded a lot like Paint. 

"Hahahahaha, oh man! I haven't heard anyone besides Varic use those kinds of outdated words! Oh my- I can't- Hahahaha!" He exclaimed, curling into himself, holding onto his stomach, trying to get his laughter within his control.

By the time he was done, Misprint was able to see again and confirm that it was indeed Paint who had given him the scare. He had his arms crossed, looking at him with an unamused look.

"O-okay, heh, I-I think I'm good now. Man, I haven't laughed like that in a long time, thanks Misprint!"

"No PrObLeM, i GuEsS??? WhAt'S sO fUnNy AbOuT hAvInG sEnSoReD wOrDs ThOuGh? AlSo, WhO'S VaRiC?"

Paint uncurled himself and cought his breath a little before replying.

"1) It's not that it's funny, just that it was really unexpected. You, uh, don't really seem like the type to use that kind of lingo. And 2) Varic is someone who's kinda in our friend group, but not at the same time? He's the guy who sensors everybody with that kind of lingo. You can meet him if you want."

"UmMm... No ThAnKs, I'm GoOd."

"Alright, my turn with the questions!" Paint said, looking at him with a curious glint in his eye, one that everyone, even those who don't know him too well, were immediately afraid of.