Chapter 6

Before this starts, I'd just like to thank MoonArrow10 and DustyDusterz for giving me some great ideas of getting new names for certain characters, thank you!

Also, I'm incredibly sorry for such a late chapter, writer's block is hard to overcome when there's so little inspiration ;-;

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this (hopefully not terrible) chapter.

Misprint, after being forced to sleep with someone he was comfortable with (since everyone got a bad feeling when thinking about leaving him alone for the night), woke up. At first, he was wondering how he got there, then after replaying the day before in his head, calmed down. Then he noticed he was once again sleeping next to someone, but instead of it being Lapis, he was laying next to Paint, who was basically cuddling him in his sleep with their tails entertwining together, which was enough to make Misprint light up the room in a bright yellow.

Trying to get out of Paint's hold without waking him was a challenge in itself, and in the end he just laid there, waiting either for Paint to wake up on his own, or for someone to come into the room and help him get out. Eventually, after a while of doing nothing but think, he felt Paint stirr a little, groan and felt his hand move from the place on his ribs to his skull, most likely to rub his eyesocket or something.

Though it was when he started getting up that made him just as embarrased as Misprint had been and still was.

"W-what the h-heck!? Why are our tails tangled up so badly, I didn't even know it was possible to get it this bad. Ugh, I'm too tired to deal with this, I'mma just text Lapis, see if he can help."

After giving Lapis a brief and sorta embarrassing summary of the situation they were in, they convinced their friend to help them before they made the tangled mess worse. Misprint was sure that his strings, which he probably sommoned in his sleep, had somehow gotten tangled overnight which inevitably got Misprint's red, black and blue tail entangled with Paints' rainbow gradiant one.

Then, Lapis came in.

"Okay, I'm here. What's the emerge- Oh. Wow, you did not mention how bad of a knot this is. Alright I'll help you if you can help me help you by helping me in helping you." he said, then swam next to the sponge-like bed and started to take out all of the loose strings that were making the knot worse. Eventually, the two who are being unknotted got over their embarrassed state and helped Lapis in removing the infinite amount of strings that seemed to be there.

After what felt like hours, they finally got all the strings out and Misprint and Paint were finally able to stretch like how they originally wanted to when they first woke up. Apparently though, this was the perfect time for Lapis to tease the two, making Misprint cocoon himself in his strings, and for Paint to leave the room completely flustered. 

Lapis chuckled quietly to himself. "Hey Misprint! Once you're done hiding in that glowing blue cocoon you made for yourself, come downstairs for breakfast, and if you don't I will personally drag you down there myself whether you like it or not. Also, you might wanna prepare yourself for the rest of the introductions to our friend group this afternoon, just thought you'd appreciate a warning." And with that, he left, leaving the dark skeleton alone with his thoughts.

His thoughts were all going in different directions, one, he was still a bit flustered about what had happened that morning, two he was wondering what Lapis meant by 'glowing blue cocoon'. He was sure that his strings didn't glow and they definitely weren't glowing now, as he was surrounded by the comforting blue of his strings, so maybe it was just the outside that was glowing? Or maybe, his strings glowed according to how he felt? But that shouldn't be possible as he was sure that it never happened in his original multiverse. Though then again he wasn't choking in fate's strings anymore, so maybe it was something that always happened, and Fate just removed the ability 'cuz it probably saved more magic than it would have otherwise.