Chapter 9

Heya! I don't think I'll be putting anything before the chapter starts anymore, just because everything I'll want to say is probably going to be said after the chapter. (also, this is edited, took me 2 days and 2 nights - with very little sleep, because I don't know when I'd lose my motivation to do this - as well as a lot of smarties-)

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

As soon as Dream agreed on coming with them to find Error, the multiverse started to shake again, this one more destructive to the AUs than all the previous ones. Nightmare picked up his brother bridal style - as he was still recovering his strength - and made a portal to the original Outertale, the same one Error went to, to jump.

"But Boss what about our bags?! Shouldn't we jump with them on us?!" Dust yelled over the shaking and falling of books on shelves.

"There's no time for that! If we want to go, we've got to go now!" Everyone mentally said their goodbyes to all of their precious items before jumping through the portal, Nightmare and Dream being the last. Once they were all there, the group realized that the AU that was destroying itself was the one that they were in. They gotta jump now before all access to the void is forever lost, they'd never be able to join Error if that happened.

So, they formed a line, holding hands - in Nightmares case tentacles, since he was holding Dream - and started running towards the edge before someone could stop them and jumped, just as Ink came through the portal to see what was going on.

He gasped, and tried to get to Dream before he lost him forever, but he was too far away and they had already jumped, leaving Ink to continue his plan of ruling over this wrecked multiverse, without the rest of his Star Sans group. He did want to be the sole ruler of the multiverse after all, didn't he?

Destiny caught the 10 skeletons before they got painfully torn apart and put back together in the void for all eternity. They smiled to themself as they put them in the same place they had put Error, or rather, Misprint, in earlier. They looked as if they cringed - since they didn't exactly seem to have a face to do it with - when they changed the code for the whole group so they can better fit this multiverse. It looked like it hurt a lot, as they all whimpered in their sleep. Luckily they had remembered to heal Dream and whoever else who got hurt before this step, so it wouldn't hurt as much when they did inevitably change species altogether. They hope everything will be alright for them from now on.

When Nightmare woke up, he felt sore all over his body, like the feeling people with muscles say they get when they work out and feel it the next day. He still had connection to his tentacles - thank god - but his arms and legs felt... Like something no one should have to describe. It just felt really weird. He moved around a bit, trying to get rid of the weird feeling in his body, when he realized that his arms were currently empty of a certain golden skeleton. Alarmed, he shot upwards, only to hold back a yell when he realized why his body felt so weird. His arms and legs were transformed into four different tentacles, and the ones that are normally on his back, are now around his waist, the tentacles that were previously his legs being surrounded by them. To avoid panicking about his new octopus body, he looked around and saw that the rest of his group had also changed into hybrids of some kind.

Dream seemed to be part of a Yellow Tang Fish, his tail gold that gradually turns into a nice shade of orange for his fins, with a few scales of the same colour randomly scattered around. Blue has the tail of a Blue Whale, albeit much much smaller than the size that they actually are. Dust was part of some kind of Dolphin, probably a Dusky Dolphin, the dust that was constantly infused with his jacket showed with the design on his tail. Geno - who he had expected to be something along the lines of a Nurse Shark - was something he has never seen or read about before. He had a long, thin tail that replaced his legs, which gradually faded into a red near the tip of his tail fin, and it made him look a lot more elegant than he already was before transforming.