Chapter 8

Heya! Once again have nothing to say here.

Enjoy!

What shocked Dream was how fast Nightmare decided to help him with his broken bones. That was the last thing he expected for him to do, what he expected at the very best leave him to die in another AU. At the worst, kill him himself. So this was very unexpected behaviour.

Currently, Nightmare was wrapping Dream's leg with some magic infused bandages he took from... somewhere, while Dream was quietly wondering how the heck Nightmare was so good at wrapping broken bones. After a while of awkard silence Dream decided to ask Nightmare something.

"Why are you helping me? Don't you hate me or something?"

Nightmare paused in tending to the scratches on his right arm, thought for a bit, shook his head, and then replied.

"I don't like to see you get hurt. Not then, not now. Don't think I don't care, I always have cared for you, but just wasn't able to show it because of the uh, circumstances. Though I have to ask, how did you get so roughed up and end up in this unfinished AU?"

"U-uhh, well, umm... How do I put this... Whatever I'll just say it. So it turns out that after I eavesdropped on Ink I... Found out some things...?"

"Like what, exactly?"

"Well, he uh, was planning on giving me a potion so that I'd be brainwashed into whatever plan he has to take over this multiverse, and others if they exist. Apparently, it'd also make me fall in love with him since he's in love with me, pretty sure that was just my aura making him feel that way though. He said he already tried it on you, your gang, Blue, Fresh, Geno, and Lust but you were all immune for some reason. He wants you dead so no one would be able to interfere with his plan. I don't want to be with him anymore brother! He was just using me and I can't trust him after hearing him talking about this like it's all just some sick game! So I teleported away, I didn't have a destination in mind, I just wanted to get away from there and I landed and tumbled down a hill or something very roughly and I just don't know what to do anymore..." Dream said, breaking down sobbing, while Nightmare hugged him and rubbed his skull.

Nightmare's eyesocket widened in surprise while he did this. He did not expect for that to happen, not in a million years. He was still in the process of comforting his brother when someone came in, presumably searching for him. He turned around to see Blue, who was worried for Dream it seemed. He rushed towards Dream, already using green magic the moment he was within touching range. Nightmare, knowing Blue was the strongest healer here, allowed him to heal Dream, who had inevitably fallen asleep due to the side effects of this kind of magic. Once Blue was done, Nightmare lifted his brother bridal style and carried him to the room he had set up for him such a long time ago, never once allowing anybody to go in there except himself so he could clean it, add more things that he knew Dream would like, and just taking care of it in general. So he wasn't all that surprised that Blue had questions and was in awe of the room that he had never been allowed to see.

"W-was this always like this? Was Dream supposed to live here too? What are we gonna tell the others? Are we even gonna tell the others? Is he gonna be coming with us?"

"*Sigh* Blue. Enough with the questions, I will answer them all later. For now, gather everyone and bring them in here, I'm sure they're curious about this room too, I've definitely felt it in the past. Just make sure that they don't touch anything as I have worked hard to make this room fit Dream's every need. Also, tell them not to wake me up."

"Sir yessir!" He responded, doing a mock salute despite Nightmare not being able to see it, and despite not uderstanding his last request. He was awake right now! Without another word, he left the room. With no one around, he let his guard down, tentacles drooping as he crouched next to Dream's sleeping form and entered his dream.