𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

McKenna Prentiss | February 19, 2017

    I sat next to Zoe as the car drove through the streets of New York, laying my head on Zoe's shoulder, as sleep clouded my eyes. It was already noon but my body still feels like it's still morning.

    I was actually able to sleep, for 5 minutes that was, until Zoe was tapping on my shoulder, waking me to say that we've arrived at the building.

    We step out of the car, and was immediately surrounded by paparazzi.

"McKenna! Over here!"

"McKenna, what could you say about the article that TMZ released?"

"McKenna are you pregnant with Tom Holland's baby?"

"McKenna are you Shawn Mendes' new girlfriend?"

"McKenna are you sleeping with Justin Bieber?"

    Questions, more like rumors, were flying in left and right as Zoe and I kept our head down and made our way to the warehouse.

    New York shoots were my favorite, apart from flying all the way from LA, these shoots are something I would never say no to.

    You see, the reason why I love New York shoots so much is because we shoot it in old warehouses, utilizing the huge windows as the source of light, and having that old rustic feel to it makes it feel more authentic and beautiful.

    I walk inside the warehouse, immediately seeing Russel fixing his camera, and the production assistants fixing the set.

    "McKenna Prentiss!" Russell exclaims when he saw me, arms wide open as he gives me a hug when I approach.

    "Hey Russell!" I greet as I hug him back.

    "Now, get on to hair and make up, go get ready, then we'll start the shoot." he says and I nod, walking to the green room.

    As I enter the green room, I see stylists prepping our outfits, well, lingerie, a hair and make up team waiting for me to sit down, and Kelsey Meritt, getting her hair and make up done.

    "Kennie!" Kelsie exclaims as she sprints towards me, leaving her hair and make up artist surprised by her sudden excitement.

    "Hey Kellie!" I say as she hugs me, then she goes back to the make up chair so the hair and make up artist could finish what she interrupted.

    "Look at us, the K&K are back at it again." She says, giving me a beaming smile. Kelsey was the first ever friend I made during the casting of Victoria's Secret 2 years ago. We both weren't able to book the runway, but we did a year later.

    "How've you been babe?" I ask her as I sit next to her, the hair stylist coming to curl my hair.

    "I've been doing great actually! Conor and I are looking for apartments, here in NYC." She says excitedly. Kelsey's dream has always been to live here in NY, and after all her hard work, she deserves to finally live her dream.

    "How about you Kennie? How have you been?" She asks, looking at me briefly then shutting her eyes as the make up artist finishes her eye make up.

    "Oh you know, writing here and there." I say, shrugging and not delving deeper into what happened yesterday.

    She opens her eyes and looks at me through the mirror, her eyes showing softness and sadness.

    "McKenna," she starts in a stern voice, "it's me, your best friend. What's up?"

    "Nothing, Kelsey I'm fine honestly." I say and she glares at me, but I just shrug at her.