𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

McKenna Prentiss | February 1, 2018

    "Alright, so you're set for the next two weeks! I've already scheduled your interviews with The Tonight Show, Ellen and The Late Late show

    "Alright, so you're set for the next two weeks! I've already scheduled your interviews with The Tonight Show, Ellen and The Late Late show. Then your radio interviews are also set." Zoe flips through her binder, going over the dates that management have set up for my album press release.

    "Okay, thanks again Zoe." I smile at her, and she smiles back, closing her binder and leaning forward on the kitchen counter.

    "So, you going to Harry's party tonight?" She asks, a smirk forming on her face as she does.

    "What? How'd you know about that?" I counter, crossing my arms and leaning against the kitchen counter.

    "Harry asked Jeff to text me and ask if you were coming. I said I wasn't sure and that I'd get back to him." She shrugs, taking a sip of her coffee.

    "Why is he so persistent? I swear, he's texted me like twice already." I roll my eyes in annoyance, which made Zoe raise her brow at me.

    "So, what's holding you back from going?"

    "Uhm, a myriad of different things Zo, I don't think I need to explain anything." I retort, sitting up straight and narrowing my eyes at her.

    "You see, you still never told me what went down between you two. I know I'm only your assistant Kenna, but did you forget that we were friends too? I've literally been by your side since we were 15." She had a point.

    Zoe and I met in my sophomore year, she was the only person in my school who didn't care that my parents were famous. She was the only real friend I had. Even though our friendship hasn't been as great throughout the years, mainly because I was so busy, she kept me sane, and calm.

    "Alright, let's get some ice cream, and hang out in my room." I suggest, and she nods. We both gather the ice cream and some spoons, and head to my room for some much needed girl time.

    That's when I finally told Zoe everything, from the night of Kelsey's birthday, to how he wrote a song about me, to the contract, to how I finally fell in love with him, to Camille basically telling me to fuck off during New Year's Eve, and to finally admitting my feelings for him. She stared at me in shock, as if she wasn't able to fully process what she understood.

    "I- uh, wow that's a lot." She said, and I nod in agreement.

    "I think you should go tonight." She suggests, and I shake my head in response.

    "No, no, absolutely not." I gave her a glare when she pouts, begging me to go.

    "Zoe, I say this with complete sincerity, but fuck no." I cross my arms, narrowing my eyes at her when she smiles sweetly at me.