𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎

McKenna Prentiss | October 12, 2018

    "McKenna Prentiss!" I heard her call as soon as I stepped out of my AirBnb, my grin widens as soon as I spot the raven-haired girl. A blue gingham set adorned her petite body, and her high-heeled boots made her stand as tall as me.

    "Kiko Mizuhara!" I yell, the grin never leaving my face as she giggles, running to me and enveloping me in a tight hug. Her arms were wrapped around my shoulders, and we both laugh, the high never leaving us as this was the first time we've seen each other since 2016.

    "Oh my god, I missed you!" She exclaimed, making me grin excitedly at her. "I can't believe you're here! In Japan!"

    "Believe it Kiko! Gosh, I've only been here a week and I want to stay forever." I say as we both hop into Kiko's white Z4 BMW, her most prized possession.

    "I actually have a surprise for you," She grins at me, looking swiftly at me, before directing her eyes on the road. My eyes narrow at this, biting my inner cheek to try and contain the sudden anxiety I felt at her words.

    "Surprise?" I asked, and she nodded, speeding through the streets of Shibuya. Not long after, she parks in a parking lot, hopping out of the car. I look at her with confused eyes, and her eyes meet mine from outside the car. She nods her head to the side, motioning for me to get out of the car.

    We walk out of the parking lot, and I noticed Kiko park in there so we could walk around the city freely. We headed towards the famous Shibuya Crossing, Kiko managing to snap a few photos while we crossed.

    Japan was cold in October, especially with it being close to the winter season

    Japan was cold in October, especially with it being close to the winter season. But the sun was out today, making my body warm up underneath my beige trench coat. I had opted for a pair of sneakers today, knowing how much walking we'll be doing. How Kiko managed to walk a mile in those high heels amazed me.

    "Alright, so it was a surprise to me when you told me you were here, as I didn't have time to prepare, but, I knew how special they are to you." Kiko grinned from next to me, linking her arm around mine as we continued to walk down the streets of Shibuya.

    I didn't recognize where we were going, and the busy street managed to dissipate, making me wonder where the hell Kiko was taking me.

    "They?" I asked, furrowing my brows at her. Kiko just grinned mischievously, winking at me before she took my hand in hers, running off to God knows where, and dragging me along.

    We stopped before an apartment, it was tall, but hidden from the streets. I looked at Kiko confusedly, but she just grinned at me, dragging me into the apartment.

    We stepped into the lobby, the concierge bowing as a sign of respect, before he said 'Guddoedi Mizuhara-san', and Kiko bowed back, smiling at the man. I smiled softly at their interaction, amazed at how contrastingly different our cultures were.