chapter eight

-Nevaeh "nari"-

i'm fake happy my friends pulled up on me yesterday cause i was getting lonely asl being by myself. today was the little "gang link up" or whatever Ace called it. i didn't even know what we was going to be doing they just told me be ready by 3:00 and it's was currently 1:30. i got in the shower did my little hygiene things. i decided to dress comfortable today and put on an adidas track suit with my yeezys to match. i put my hair up cause this florida heat was no joke. just as i got done with my hair, my phone rang.

mini me 💛
would like to facetime ...

"hi sister" i hear Lani yell through the phone as soon as i answered

"hi my love. where you at?" i said looking down at the screen cause i saw she was in a car

"outside your house, come on" she said flipping the camera showing me my house

"girl what? i didn't know you was coming and i def didn't know Key was the one coming to get me" i said picking up my phone and grabbing my purse.

"well hurry yo luh' ass ion got all day" i heard Key say in the underground causing me to smack my lips.

"man i'm coming" i said and hung up. i jogged down the stairs and my mom wasn't even home so i just locked the door before entering into Key's car.

"hi Nari" Lani said turning her head to the backseat since she was in the passengers side.

"hey pooh, i missed you" i said pulling lotion out and rubbing it on my hands

"missed you too" she said smiling at me before turning back around to face the front "you don't know how to say hi?" she said mushing Key in his head making me laugh.

"mane keep yo hands ta yo self My'Lani" he said mugging her "but wassuh Nari" he said nodding at me through the rear view mirror.

"hey Markeyviusss" i dragged knowing it would irritate him

"man stop calling me dat shit" he smacked his
lips before pulling off

"you know where we going?" i asked Lani

"yup" she said popping the p "but i can't say" she said making me smack my lips.

-

we finally pulled up to arcade odyssey. this was my favorite spot. me, Senia and Fat came here all the time when we were younger.

"man what? this my favorite place" i said smiling seeing the others already waiting outside the arcade.

"me too" Lani said squealing

"chill wid allat yelling" Key said cutting the engine off and me and Lani both sprinted out the car. we both went around saying our hellos to everyone before we went in and purchased our game cards.

"i wanna go over there first" i said pointing to the shooting game. "come with me" i said tapping Ace and we both walked over to it.

"you know i'm gone beat you" he said looking at me

"boy you wish" i said to him smacking my lips. we both swiped our game cards and picked up the guns. 1 minute into the game i looked over at Ace who was shocked that i was actually doing good.