chapter twenty

-Nevaeh "nari"-

"Lani this is so cute" i said to her over the phone admiring the outfit she picked out for me and Key's i guess date tonight.

"i know my stuff" she said smiling and i smiled back. "the others know y'all are going out?" she asked me and i shook my head no.

"they too nosey for me bruh" i said as i started plugging in my curling wand to the outlet

"i feel you, but did i ever tell you about my new friend?" she asked me smiling in the phone and i shook my head no.

"Lani has a friend?" i said sarcastically and she smacked her teeth.

"yeah, her name is Niyla, she does youtube too. i think you'll like her" she said to me when i got a text from Key.

Markeyvius

i hope yo luh' ass ready
talking ta Lani on da phone
6:32 pm

damn, mind dat business boy
but yeah i'm ready
6:32 pm

i smacked my lips going back on the camera.
"Lani lemme call you back, your brother finna really be mad when he get here and i'm not ready" i said finally running the curling wand through my hair.

"okayyy, have fun and don't do nothing nasty. i'm not my ready to be a auntie" she said making me laugh before she hung up. i got done doing my hair and i unplugged the wand, putting it in in my drawer. i had a hat that matched the outfit so i took it off the hook and put it on. i sprayed myself down in my ysl perfume before grabbing my purse and walking out the door. i waited 3 minutes and i saw Key pull up the street.

"you look good" i said to him seeing we basically had on matching outfits

"preciate it shawty, you look good too" he said looking over at me licking his bottom lip "ion get ah kiss no mo?" he said furrowing his eyebrows at me

"i have on lip gloss" i laughed before chuckling and pecking his lips softly. he smacked his teeth and wiped the lipgloss off his lips which made me laugh.

-

"benihana's?" i said as he pulled up to the restaurant and he chuckled. "i never been here before" i said all excited

"i'm doing it right huh? tell yo otha luh' niggas ta take notes" he said parking and we both got out the car . we both walked towards the entrance and Key held the door open for me to go in. he walked up towards the front desk.

"i have ah reservation fa 2 under Markeyvius Cathey" he said and the worker nodded.

"follow me this way" the worker said grabbing two menus and directing us to the table. i was walking behind Key and he turned around to hold my hand so we could walk together.

-Markeyvius "key"-

i had a little surprise up my sleeve later. me and Lani been planning dis date fa like 2 weeks na and i jus needed everything ta run smoothly. i reserved us a seat in da back cause ian really want ta be round the public. i wanted it ta jus be me and ha. we pulled up ta our seating area and i pulled out the chair fa ha and she smiled looking at me before sitting.