The 'Sorting Hat'..

After finally changing into our robes and getting off the train, we're placed into small rowing boats, that seemed to appear from nowhere. Rowing boats, that actually row 'themselves.' Needless to say all first years are just as amazed by this, as they are with everything right now. Magic is just so--magic. Who knew?..

I can't take my eyes off the large castle, that's drawing closer and closer with every row. I've never seen something so big, so magnificent, and so magical, in my entire life. It's beautiful. This moment, this image, this feeling, is going to be imprinted inside me, for the rest of my life..

The closer we get, the closer I feel to home; To my family; To my parents--To where I belong.. The soothing sound of the water, lapping on the shore, fills me with even more peace. The light, soothing sound of the peaceful water burbling, as the oars gently glide through it, has to be the most beautiful sound I've ever heard in my entire life..

Bright, golden starts, illuminate the night-sky above us..

This is home?--'This,' is home..

I scan the other rowing boats around me, whilst everyone else is just as hypnotised by the image before us, hoping to find my brother; Wondering which one of these boats, he could be on. There's hundred of them, all leading to the same place; The lanterns on each one, illuminating the water surrounding us.

Never have I ever, felt so at peace; Not just with my life, but with who I am..

I'm closer than ever, to my parents, to my twin; And I couldn't be happier, that even though we're not on the same boat, nor have we found each other, we're still 'sharing,' this experience 'together..'

As we finally reach land, there's no time to try and find Harry, because we're quickly hurried up to the school. As we walk up the small set of stairs, the sound of excited children finally come to an end; Leaving the air just as silent, as it was the whole time we were on the rowing boats, on the way to the castle. I look up, to see an older lady, in old, green coloured robes, standing at the top of the stairs.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." She calls, her voice somehow carrying to all of us, without her having to shout. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats, you must be 'sorted,' into your houses.. They're Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw. And 'Slytherin."  Hearing the distaste in her voice as she says 'Slytherin,' only makes me all the more nervous about being sorted. Even the teachers, don't seem to like Slytherin."Now, while you're here, your house will be like your family.. Your 'triumphs' will earn you points. Any 'rule breaking,' and you will 'loose,' points.. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup.."

"Trevor!" Neville bellows, pushing his way past the kids and lands at the teachers feet. She glances down at him, with a stern look on her face; Clearly not as amused as the few sniggering children. Neville quickly apologises, as he makes his way back down the stairs to me, clutching Trevor to his chest. I smile sympathetically at him as his eyes lift to meet mine.

"The sorting ceremony will begin, momentarily." The teacher calls, before spinning on her heels and walks away, leaving us to mingle among ourselves.

"It's true then! What they were saying on the train.." I hear a loud boys voice."Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

My heart races as a nervous sickness, builds in my stomach. My eyes water, as the loud whispers of children erupt around me. Everyone knows who he is and seems just as excited and in awe, to see him, as I am. I stand on my tip-toes, trying to get a look over everyone, hoping to see my brother for the first time. The crowd seems to close in, only making it harder for me to see over them. I try pushing through them; Whispers around me as I slowly pass through people, make me realise that some people already seem to know who 'I' am too..