Secrets Revealed

Hayley

"Helping" mom and aunt Shelly doesn't take more than twenty minutes. As soon as I hide the chips my mom bought just for me in my secret hiding place behind the dried oats in the back of the pantry, I start upstairs to take a shower. The familiar sound of my brother's truck coming up the driveway can be heard as I take the steps two at a time. I hear more than one door closing which can only mean Hunter isn't alone. Rowdy voices make their way into the house and I figure Slater and Nick must have come home with Hunter. I pause at the top step and immediately backtrack knowing they're probably headed to look for something to eat.

I find them in the kitchen, Slater is sitting on a stool by the island eating an apple while Nick is rummaging in the fridge. My brother is exactly where I knew he'd be, searching the pantry. I've had to change my hiding spot three times this month and if he happens to walk out of there with my chips in hand there's going to be problems. I don't even bother to say "Hello" to the guys, too focused on Hunter and what he's grabbing when an arm is slung over my shoulder, "Hello little cousin, what's got you looking all constipated?" Austin asks. I didn't realize he was here and any other time I'd return his greeting but at that moment my brother walks out of the pantry with a shit eating grin and my Cool Ranch Doritos in his slimy, thieving hands.

I step away from Austin, giving him an elbow to his gut for that constipated comment and step toward Hunter, "Put my chips back, Hunt!"

The ass just smiles wider and opens the bag while asking, "Your chips? I don't see your name anywhere on it."

"Like you'd care if it was. You eat everything in this house!" I'm practically chest to chest with him as he takes a chip out, pops it in his mouth, then raises the bag above his head and out of my reach.

I'm trying to reach for it, grumbling about irritating brothers while the other asshat's in the room laugh. Hunter expertly dodges my attempts, "Now Hails, what did mom and dad teach us about sharing? It's not nice to hide snacks from your hungry brother who's been busting his ass all morning doing drills."

"I'm about to do something not nice to your throwing arm if you don't give me my chips right now, Hunter." I threaten. That gets a reaction from the peanut gallery as they all protest and my legs are lifted from the ground as I'm once again thrown into a position I've been in on too many occasions.

As my world is flipped upside down and I'm face to ass, my man handler says with a laugh, "Now, now squirt. I can't have you threatening my Quarterback like that. He can't lead us to another championship with a broken arm."

Huffing in irritation I ask, "Well, how about I break his leg then. At least he'll be able to throw and one of you traitors can carry his heifer butt up and down the field for all I care!" Harsh, maybe, but you don't mess with a girl's snacks. Especially when she's about to get her period and will need it for comfort food while feeling all gross and blah.

Nick's face suddenly appears in my sight as he hunches down to look at my face, "Wow, Hails. Savage." I growl at him causing him to laugh as he stands and says, "Someone's a little fired up today. I think she needs to cool down."

"I think you're right." Hunter agrees with a mouthful of my chips. "She can help us wash my truck."

Slater voices his agreement as he moves and I struggle in protest. It's not the getting wet part that has me against what they probably have planned for me, I was heading for the shower before they got here, but it's the fact that I'm still wearing these tight as heck jeans and it's already hard enough to get them off dry, while wet will be almost impossible. "Come on guys, I already worked all morning for dad, I don't want to help you wash the truck. I'm tired." I add a little whine to my voice hoping they'll have mercy on me and let me go.