CHAPTER 5

She felt very restless especially after seeing someone who was supposed to be dead. How was it even possible that he was still alive? She had to do something about it fast.

'Your Highness, the Prime Minister is here,' her maid told her.

'Send him in and send everyone away,' she said.

Her maid sends her father into her palace hall.

'I just heard what happened. Is it true?' her father asked the moment he entered.

'Father, you need to help me,' she said as she continued pacing on the floor.

'Sit down and let's talk about it,' he said and she sat down.

'You confirmed back then that he was dead. How is this even possible?' she asked.

'By the time the soldiers arrived, all the assassins were dead and the body of the young prince was there. Everything matched even though he was badly injured and unrecognizable. But now that he has shown up with the Saintess, anything is possible. It's no longer just the prince now but we have to go up against the Lotus palace and that is something we should avoid,' her father said.

'But as long as he is alive, the truth will come out. What do you think will happen to us? I will not let that woman take my position. She took everything from me, I won't lose to her,' she said.

'Calm down. I will settle everything for you. I will send my men after them and watch every move they will make. I heard that they have booked the entire inn. I will settle with them all at once. Just sit here and don't worry about everything. I will protect you, like I have always done,' her father reassured her.

'Okay father, I will listen to you. Please just make sure it is settled before the Emperor announces the prince's return.'

'I will make sure by tomorrow there will be no news on the prince and the Saintess, trust me,' he said and bid her fare well and left.

To be honest she was scared. Ever since that woman entered the palace, she came out of favor with the Emperor. She had to keep her quilt warm by herself. The Emperor rarely visited her and his love for the crown prince even lessened, which worried her more than being ignored. His eyes were on his new concubine and his son. Mika the young prince was talented and that brought much favor on him and she envied that. She wanted the Emperor to look at her son Rica but that was impossible. Because of her tears of sorrow, her father decided to remove the root and had assassins to kill Mica and he was pronounced dead. She was happy at that time even though they suspected and came out with nothing. She thought everything will fade away but the Emperor didn't stop loving his concubine. He even promoted her until she was the Noble Consort, just one rank below her. He gave her more children than her and his heart too.

And now the first son was back, how could she face that? She was going to kill them all even if it meant fighting against the strongest sect in the world.

'Your Highness, something bad has happened,' her maid said looking very flushed.

'What is it?'

'The crown prince is hurt,' she replied.

'What?' she asked.

'The imperial physicians are examining him now,' she said.

Upon hearing the news she instructed the men to take her to her son's palace. How could he get hurt inside the palace? Who was plotting to take away the only thing that brought her joy? She would never forgive that person ever.

She arrives at the palace and rushed inside. She found the physician finishing making the diagnosis.

'Your Highness,' they said.