CHAPTER 10

Nora couldn't believe what her mistress had done to her but she knew why she did it. She had been too relaxed and she was being reminded of that. She knew her mistress intentions were pure and she was looking out for her. Through this duet she learnt something which made her heart flutter. Daren was interested in her; he fought for her and put his life on the line for her. She was really touched but she didn't want to leave the mountain. Her life was with the mistress and she wasn't going to leave her because of a man. Whoever wanted her should be prepared to move into the mountain and not the other way around.

'She is back,' one of the maids told her.

'Okay.'

Nora had been waiting for her mistress ever since she left with the young lord. Her mistress was so in love and she knew that the young lord was going to propose. She wondered whether it was going to be successful since she was angry when she left. The mistress had promised to grant her three wishes if she won and she had thought well about them. Since her mistress was back then she was going to seek an audience with her and get it done.

She left her chambers for the main hall where her mistress was. When she entered the hall she saw her seated on her the one. She was sparkling, she was happy she could tell. Whenever her mistress was happy she could glow, it was probably caused by the golden lotus. It was a shield to her, it protected her and yet she was still cursed. Sometimes she wished she could find a way to remedy all that and make her mistress have a normal life just like everybody else.

'Hail Oh Mistress!' she said as she bowed down.

'At ease,' the mistress said and she stood up.

'You are in a happy mood mistress. Did something good happen?' she asked.

'A lot of things happened today but first tell me what I want to hear and then we can discuss it later,' the mistress said.

'I have thought of what I want and I hope that you will grant me what I wish for,' Nora said and the mistress nodded her head in agreement.

'My first wish is for me to never leave this mountain,' she said and caught the mistress of guard.

'I can't grant you that. You have a life Nora and I want you to be happy. Start a family of your own and live normally. You can't do that whilst you are here,' the mistress said. She knew her concerns but she had to listen to her too.

'I know that you did all this for me but I made an oath when you took me. I swore to be by your side and never leave. I swore by the moon and I can't take it back. I already have a life here and if anyone really wants me then that person should be willing to live this life with me,' she explained to her mistress and saw that look in her face, she was really touched and she was happy to witness it.

'If that is what you want then I will grant it. Finish the rest,' she said.

'The second one is I want you to forgive me and Daren for not sticking to the rules,' she said and her mistress smiled.

'I have already forgiven the both of you. Find another wish,' the mistress said.

'Can I keep the two for now and tell when you I think of something?'

'That's not a problem, we can do that. Come here,' the mistress told her and she went up the stairs and stood beside her.

'Sit next to me,' she told her and she did.

Nora looked at her and she could still see the glow around her. Her mistress took her hand in hers and she noticed the rings. She had accepted Xavier's proposal, no wonder why she was glowing.

'I'm happy for you. You accepted his marriage proposal,' she said with a huge smile on her face.

'I'm happy Nora and I'm happy for you too. You do understand that I was doing everything for you right?'