EPILOUGUE

TWENTY YEARS LATER

Qara looked at her daughter who looked so deep into the story that the Left Guardian Nora, the woman who was by her side from day one was telling. When her mother trained her for five years she left her with Nora, her husband Daren and other teachers that had been hired to make sure she was properly trained in order to become the next Lotus palace mistress. She didn't know at first that she would be sitting on such a high seat before but thanks to her adopted godmother she was now the mistress. She got married to the High priest, another position that her mother opened in order for the palace to run smoothly. She loved her husband and she was glad to have someone who shared her opinions like her.

Her mother left the mountain for a secluded place with her husband the grand prince. Their love had been told over and over among the commoners. Everyone wanted their ideal love to be like theirs and she respected that. She just hoped that her own love and her daughter's will weather the entire storm and become strong just like her mother's and her father.

                                                                                                  ...

Valery slid in the blankets and slept next to her lover and her husband. They had been married for two decades and they still looked like they were in their twenties. She was happy living the kind of life her husband had wished for the two of them. They were away from any pugilistic world affairs. They lived their lives freely without any interference from anyone. They built their home in a valley, a place where no one would bother to come. To the rest of the world it was called the Death Valley. It was a place one would never return once they fell but because she was born special and her husband attracted her specialness and became like her they could live freely there without any disruption from anyone. They had everything they needed but above all they have each other.

In her life she had managed to make others happy which was a huge attainment. She bred her daughter Qara well enough for her to manage her palace while she enjoys her time with her husband. She even has a granddaughter whom she named after her mother Wanda. Nora got married to the man she loved and they both stayed at the mountain. A lot of happy things happened even when there were some sad ones. The emperor died and his son the crown prince took over the reins. Xavier's mother became the Imperial Grand Consort Dowager, the most powerful woman in the whole nation.

She never left her ways but at least she never bothered her after their last encounter.

Her husband attracted her curse by marrying her. Because he was bonded with the golden lotus last time, he was now just like her. She got her own happiness in the end. She was given a man that will live with her for the rest of her cursed life. They will live and die together.

Xavier looked at his wife who seemed to be thinking very hard at least it wasn't so bad. He leaned in closer and kissed her lips softly. She closed her eyes and he continued. He really loved being intimate with her. Even after being married for two decades, he still felt like a teenager and his love for Valery kept getting stronger by the day. He wrapped his arm around her and deepened the kiss. She returned his kiss and he smiled. His wife knew what he wanted and so did he.

What his wife wanted right now, he knew it and he was going to give to it her. Whenever and wherever she needed it, he would give it to her because he not only owes his life to her but he found profound happiness and much more with her.

Just like what he promised many decades ago, he was going to keep on continuing loving her, protecting her but above all he was going to make sure the legend of the golden lotus that has affected her life and his life continues. He was grateful for that curse, because if it wasn't for it then he would have never met such a wonderful and lovely woman he now calls his. Valery was his woman, his Saintess, his Mistress, his woman and above all his golden lotus.

As if she was hearing all his thoughts as they made love, she began to glow the way she always do whenever she was extremely happy. He broke the kiss and gazed deep into her eyes and whispered, 'I love you.'

She gazed at him and whispered back, 'I love you too,' before she locked her lips with his for another dazzling kiss.

THE END.