CHAPTER 9

Valery was seated in the main hall reviewing the official documents the Left Guardian had gave to her the previous night. Most of the work was done by her guardians, all she has to do was make sure the palace stays safe and no one betrays it.

As she was going through the memorials Nora walked in looking so serious and she wondered who had angered that sweet child.

'Hail Oh Mistress!' she formally greeted her and that made it worst.

'Are you ill? Why are you so serious?' she asked her.

'I'm sorry I didn't get to inform you about something yesterday,' Nora apologized.

'What happened? There isn't an intruder on the mountain right?' she asked her.

'No, I invited someone here without your permission,' Nora confessed and she smiled at her.

'Who is it?'

'It's Daren Walkers,' Nora replied and Valery smiled at that.

'If he is here then send him in,' Valery said.

'Thank you,' Nora said and left the hall to bring the guest.

She watched as the two walked in and she knew she was right. It's been a few years and yet his face had never changed. She could see that there was something between those two and they only needed a little push.

'Hail Oh Saintess!' Daren greeted her.

'At ease,' she said and looked at Nora. 'Bring our guest something to drink and give him a seat.'

Nora gave Daren a nice seat and she left them alone.

'I'm sorry to intrude you on this and please forgive Nora for not telling you,' he said.

'Then I believe you must have a good explanation or else I will have to punish her right in front of you,' Valery gave a threat and saw the young man's face flinch.

'I beg of you to please show mercy. She has been serving you for years after all,' he pleaded on her behalf.

'On my mountain and in my palace, I set the rules and anyone who breaks them must be severely punished. An outsider will not dictate what to do especially when seated in my hall,' she told him with one her serious faces.

At that time Nora walked in with the other maids with trays of snacks. Nora brought her tray t her table while the other maids set Daren's table. Nora poured the citrus tea in her cup and handed it over to her. Valery took the cup and took a sip before setting it down.

'I won't tell you what to do but please forgive her,' Daren pleaded on Nora's behalf once again.

'Then I will find you an ultimatum.'

'Whatever you want me to do I will do it,' Daren said and Valery was pleased with it.

'Call the young lord here, Nora,' she instructed.

'Yes, Mistress,' Nora said and left the hall.

'While we wait for me to pass my judgment, I want you to tell me the purpose of your visit. Not even once had your family entered my mountain. So tell me, are you here to spy on me or what?' she asked him.

'I didn't come here to spy on you and my family is not even aware of my visit,' he answered.

'So why are you here? Don't let me ask you once more,' she asked.

'I came to see the woman who raised Lady Nora. I was amazed by her the last time we met and couldn't forget her ever since. Since you are like a mother to her I wanted to pay my respects,' he explained and she found it very amusing.