CHAPTER 7

It's been a few days and Valery kept watch over the golden lotus that she sealed Xavier in. The night she saved both of their lives by using the powers of the lotus affected him in a way that he would never see except for her. If he didn't get stabilized then he will surely die but there was no way she would tell him that. By letting him take the seed and seal him inside would make him connect to the lotus and save his life. There would be consequences of doing what she was doing but all that mattered now was to save his life.

The Left Guardian suddenly came to the pond and she turned towards him.

'Did you find it?' she asked him.

'Yes, I did,' he replied.

'That's good then. In a moment I will unseal the plant, make sure you give the azure plant to the physician. Let him make the medicine with it. He will know what to do,' she instructed.

'I will go and do that now. Do you need more people here?'

'I will be fine on my own,' she said and the man left.

The golden lotus was important to her, in such a crazy way it protects her life. Her life seemed to be connected to it and yet she just had no idea what impact it really leaves in her life. At some other time, someone broke into the mountain, died into the holy pond and tried to uproot the lotus but the person died in the process. No one could easily get closer to it no matter how skilled one was. There was a shield surrounding it. The lotus just floated in the water. It had no roots and that was mysterious. She heard from her mother that the lotus was there when she started her sect back in the days; though at that time it was white as snow. At times she always thought her curse was related to the plant but with time she just saw that there were two separate things.

Her curse of being an immortal allowed her not to die or get hurt easily like others and at the same time all the people around her age dies and she remains behind alone. The feeling of being alone haunted her like a ghost.

Falling for Xavier wasn't something she planned but it just happened. At first she saw him like her own child since he was very young. He was a child she could never have in her life. He relied on her and she did on him too later. When he was hurt, her heart ached for him. She didn't want anyone to harm him at all. She was overprotective of him and she thought it was normal. Her mother did the same thing to her too but the day she saw him smiling at her female disciples and saw the look in those girls' eyes her heart ached. She didn't know what was happening to her but it bothered her.

She had never had time to court or fall for anyone. She had a reputation that discourages the men from approaching her. Who would want such a woman like her? They called her evil behind her back and yet she didn't retaliate. If she could do that then she would wipe everyone out and she will be the only one remaining behind.

Nora happened to notice her symptoms and she confirmed what she feared the most that she was in love with Xavier. At that time Xavier was just eighteen and so for two years she carried a torch for him. She taught him how to be strong and to be independent. She wanted the best for him and being with her wouldn't be that good. He was born a royal, he would do something good for the people when given the chance which is why she finally agreed on going to the capital to set things right. She also wanted to get rid of people who were plotting against her behind her back. She hated surprises and instead of being attacked first she would rather do it first.

Using Xavier as bait she wiped those that were against her and installed fear into that Emperor who had been having a hard head lately. He thought that she was a fool and it was time to show him that she was still the woman he fought back then and lost to her. She serves no one and especially no man.