CHAPTER 13

Xavier combed Valery's hair as she prepares to leave the city for the neighboring one. He still had no idea what she wanted there but he knew it was for the good of all. She looked very magnificent like she always does. She held his hand and looked at him through the mirror and he smiled at her.

'Promise me that you will look after the palace while I'm away,' she said.

'I will keep it safe for you. Just go and finish your mission and come back to me,' he said and she smiled this time.

'I will.'

After a while, he watched as Valery boarded her carriage and got ready to leave. She opened the carriage window and she smiled at him before the carriage left.

'I didn't know that the Saintess looked that young,' the innkeeper said.

He smiled at the old man whom he had known for ages.

'A lot of things about her can shock you, trust me,' he said.

'You are a lucky man to fins such a strong headed lady. She is something that most people aren't. I really respect and admire her,' he told him.

'Thank you for that. I will make sure to send the wedding invitation to you,' Xavier promised.

'I will be much honored to attend such an event.'

'I will take my leave and make sure whatever happened last night remains here,' Xavier said and the old man nodded.

Xavier ride his horse back to the mountain where he spent his day looking over the wedding robes and having a nice talk with Daren. He had a feeling that just like him Daren will soon became a permanent resident of the mountain.

It was a long journey but they finally arrived. They checked into another inn and had a meal before they began their search again.

She smiled as she saw children playing and laughing together. They were lucky to have such a childhood. She herself never got to experience such an upbringing. She grew up being taught how to be the mistress of the Lotus palace. She had no friends at all. The people around her were servants only. She grew up such a lonely life and she hoped no one else would have it like her.

As she was walking she noticed a girl child sitting alone. She didn't seem to have any friends at all. She wondered why the others were not playing with her. So she walked towards the child who stood up immediately and dusted herself.

'What's your name child?' she asked her.

'I don't have one,' she replied back.

'Where are your parents?'

'I ever had any. Why are you asking me all that?' the little girl asked fiercely and she smiled.

'I just want to get to know you. How about we go to that stall and buy you something to eat?'

Valery saw a glitter of happiness on the child's face. Valery took the child to a stall where she bought her food. She watched as the child ate hungrily as if she hadn't eaten in days.

The woman who gave them food shook her head and said, 'that poor child doesn't have a family. It's good to see someone caring for her.'

So that was the case. If she were to take her then no one would ever look for her. She watched as she finished the plates put in front of her and she finally got full.

'Do you want to have a walk with me?' she asked the child.

'But I'm dirty. I'm afraid that I will embarrass you,' she sounded very considerate.