First Impressions: Remus P.O.V

After that night my life changed forever. The night I was bitten. I don't quite remember much about my life before. But I know for sure my parents were happier. They support me I know. But I can see how my mom suffers and how my dad secretly hates who I am. He knew the Wizarding World better. Dad wanted me to avoid any discrimination. He told me they might lock me up at the Ministry. Therefore I couldn't go out to play, make any friends. Basically stay at home the most time possible. It was only the three of us who knew that secret. My dad made sure nobody else knew.

I had accepted Hogwarts wasn't a possibility for me. Dad didn't like talking about it. He said there was no use talking about Hogwarts if I wasn't going. So he tought me some spells and magic from an early age. But when I turned 11, the most funny thing happened. A man with a long silver beard who wore a tunic and pointy hat, came to visit us one day. 

He talked with my parents first. I heard them argue. And then the man talked to me. 

"Hello Remus" he said smiling

"Hello" I said looking at him strangely "I don't mean to be rude, but who are you?"

The man smiled "My name is Albus Dumbledore. Headmaster of Hogwarts"

I thought he was gonna tell me I wasn't able to go. I had it coming. But he took a letter from his pocket. It had my name.

"Here is your letter" he said giving it to me "Inside you will find the instructions on how to get there and what to buy" 

"To go where?" I asked

"To Hogwarts. The school of Witchcraf and Wizardry" he answered paciently "You would like to go, don't you?"

Of course I wanted. But I couldn't. I looked at my parents. Mom had tears on her eyes, but she was smiling at me. Dad had an unreadable expression.

"I can't sir" I said looking down

"Why is that?"

"Because I'm..." I looked at my father again. He nodded "I'm a werewolf" It was the first time I said it out loud. Normaly that word was forbidden at home.

"So?" he asked like he knew. Like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"I'm a monster" I answered "I could hurt someone"

"You won't. We have all the measurements to avoid that to happen Remus. I explained everything to your father"

I looked at my dad. He didn't seem happy.

"Leave everything to me" he continued "The only question is, would you like to go?"

I looked at my parents again. Was this safe? Could I?

"You can go sweety" my mother said 

Dumbledore looked at me intensly.

"Yes" I said very quiet "Yes" I repeated more loudly "I would like to go" 

"Then it's settled" he said smiling "I'll see you on September first Remus"

For the next few days my father was really in a bad mood. He and mom fought a lot. The reason? Me going or not going to Hogwarts. My dad didn't want me to, he said it was dangerous, my mom disagreed. I was tired of being locked up. And I was going, even if they wanted it or not. Mr. Dumbledore said it was safe, didn't he? 

So my mother took me to buy my school tools.

"I'm taking your son to buy what he needs" she said

Dad didn't answer.

"You have to accept it Lyall and let him grow. He deserves to have a normal life"

Mom always supported dad, he knew best about the magical world. But she sounded really angry. Dad didn't respond but directed my mom on how to get there.

I bought my supplies without any complication. Mom said I could get anything, that I shouldn't worry about money. And on September first, I couldn't hide my excitement. 

"Remus" my dad said waiting for me on the kitchen. "Say goodbye to your mom. I'm taking you to King Cross"

We drove there on a muggle car. Dad said he wanted to talk to me. 

The first minutes were very silent. I just felt very nervous. 

"Are you exicted?" my dad finally asked

I nodded "And very nervous"

He smiled "That is normal. I felt the same way on my first day"

I smiled at that

"You'll love it though" he said "Hogwarts is the most wonderful place on earth. A big castle. It has a lake and a forest. You can visit the local town Hogsmade. Believe me son. It is beautiful"

I got more and more excited. Suddenly my nerves stopped. My dad usually didn't talk about Hogwarts. But I was enjoying how excited he sounded about that place.

"What house were you in?" I asked

"I was in Ravenclaw" he answered smiling

When we got to King Cross my heart was beating fast. I couldn't wait to see Hogwarts. When we got to Platform 9 & 3/4, I saw the Hogwarts Express. I couldn't be more happier. All of these was real. I almost run into the crowd when my dad stopped me.

"Remus" he said. He had tears on his eyes. "I'm gonna miss you. You just be careful okay? And don't let..."

"Anyone know about me" I finished "I know dad. Don't worry"

My dad hugged me, really tight. 

"I'm glad you can go" he whispered into my ear.

I had tears on my eyes. I was gonna miss my parents so much. They were everyone I knew. My only friends.

"I love you dad" 

And I left very happy. I pushed myself into the crowd and I gazed at my father one last time.

The Platform was crowded with people yelling, saying goodbye, crying. But a certain boy got my attention. He had the most ridiculous hair I've ever seen. It looked like a big net. His mother was trying to contain his messy hair. 

"James Fleamont Potter" the woman said "this happens when you use magic on your father's hair potion"

"Well I looked ridiculous with it" the boy protested

"You look ridiculous now" she said trying to use her wand to fix it. Each time it got bigger. 

"Oi mom" he said avoiding her touch "People are watching.

I couldn't avoid laughing. Not only for his hair, and his name Fleamont, but because I'd never been around boys my age. And I was happy. They were just like me.

But the boy noticed me. Too late.

"What are you laughing at freak?" he asked annoyed

"Nothing" I said going red

"James..." his mother said

"He was laughing at us" 

She smiled at me apologizing. 

I left before getting into a mess. Remember Remus, you can't make friends. It would make everything complicated. Well as things were going I didn't think I could get a friend any time soon. And as I thought that, I stepped into the train.