Remus' Secret: Remus P.O.V

I had friends! I really learned to love those assholes. I knew they did stupid things sometimes, but I just felt so lucky to have friends at all. They made me feel normal, but that ment I was forgetting something. I was still a werewolf.

The year drove fast and I was back home, telling my mom about my adventures at Hogwarts and my new friends. 

"They sound awsome Honey" she said smiling "I can't wait to meet them"

"You haven't told them about..." my dad interrupted. He looked worried.

"Lyall" mom said

"I'm just making sure" he answered "They might not like it"

"Lyall!"

"I haven't dad, don't worry"

I couldn't. I knew it. Who was I kidding? I could pretend to be a normal boy, but I wasn't. If the boys found out what I was, there were gonna kick me out. And maybe I would get dragged out of Hogwarts and go back to being locked up. I couldn't let that happen.

"I'll go back to my dorm" I said

But I didn't. I stood at the other side of the door listening.

"Why did you do that Lyall? What do you keep saying those things?" 

"It's true. Those kids are gonna run away from a werewolf. Specially that Black, you don't know the Blacks"

And you don't know Sirius. I thought

"You should stop treating your son like a freak" mom said upset. "We need to treat him like a normal boy"

"HE IS NOT NORMAL!" 

I jumped at that. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"He is not normal Hope" his voice was cracked "I just want to protect him. I don't want him to suffer more. He has been through so much"

My mom started crying and dad hugged her.

"I'm sorry darling. I'm sorry"

I couldn't take it anymore. I locked myself in my room. I was crying and air no longer entered into my lungs. I was breathing hard. When I saw a letter on my bed. It was from James. My friend. A friend I could not longer have, because I was a monster. I took the letter and broke it into a pieces. 

After crying a little more, I looked at the pieces of paper scattered on the floor. And I regretted breaking it. What was James saying? I wanted to know.

I tried to join the pieces so I could see what was written. 

'Dear Remus,

How is your summer, brilliant boy? Mine is fine. I played lots of Quidditch with my dad. I also spent time with Frank Longbottom. He is nice. But he is not as mischivous as you guys, If you know what I mean.

Listen. I've been owling Sirius but he hasn't answer. Asshole. Have you heard from him? I hope he is okay.

James.'

Well, at least James was having fun, like a normal boy. And the rest of the summer I tried writing to Sirius but he didn't respond. 

"I was busy, you know?" he had said "Family meetings that I had to attend an' all" 

I knew he was lying. I could tell he didn't have a good summer. Just like me. 

Second year went fine. Except I had to lie to my friends everytime.

"Mom's sick" or "One of my relatives died"

They weren't stupid. They knew something was up.

"So what exactly does your mom have, Remus?" James asked