Remus' Secret: James P.O.V

I've never imagined something like that could happen. But as we wondered the corridors after Remus, Sirius told us everything he knew and it all made sense. I wish this was all a lie. If it wasn't I sweared to myself I was going make everything to send that man to Azkaban. Nobody messes up with my friends. Specially Remus that turned out to be really funny and intelligent. He was so cool, I jugded him wrong.

Remus got to the Hospital Wing where Madam Pomfrey was waiting for him. 

"Are you ready handsome?" she said smiling

"You know I never am" answered Remus. I could see he looked really pale and sick. And I got worried.

"It's okay hon" she said and took Remus by the shoulder.

We let Pomfrey and Remus get advantage.

"What is Remus doing with Poppy?" asked Sirius. I agreed with him. This didn't look great. 

"She is a healer" Peter said "It's obvious that his mom is really sick. Maybe she went to help? Maybe we can get back?"

"Shut up Pettigrew" I said "Flich could be around"

I looked at Sirius who seemed very upset and concerned. I nodded, he did it as well.

"Let's go" I said ignoring Peter.

We followed them being as quiet as possible. Eventhough we were under the cloak, they could've  heared us. My heart was beating fast and I knew my friends' as well. We didn't want to know what we would find, but we had to. They stopped in front of the Whomping Willow. 

"What are they doing here?" I asked quietly 

"No idea" said Sirius 

"But how are they gonna get close? The Willow will crush them" said Peter

"Shut up Peter" I said "You want them to hear you?" 

"I was just asking"

"That is your problem, you ask too much"

Suddenly the Willow stopped moving and there was an opening, through which Pomfrey and Remus entered. We looked at each other puzzled.

"How did she do that?" I asked

"There's a knot on the trunk that makes it still" said Sirius "And honestly if you would stop fighting, you would've seen it as well" 

We stayed in silence for a while. I took the cloak off us. "I don't think anyone would see us now"

"So what do we do now?" asked Peter

Sirius was looking intrigued at the tree. "Go after them" 

"Thought the tunnel?" asked Peter scared

"Well, we are not gonna see anything from here" responded Sirius

"Where do you think it leads?" I asked now curious

"Maybe to Remus' house?" suggested Peter

We both looked at Peter. He could be dump sometimes. "Really, why would a passage at Hogwarts would lead to a student's house?"

"Don't know!" Peter said

"Maybe" said Sirius "We should go and find it out" he was annoyed and looking for something on the floor.

"Right" I said "Peter press the knot"

"What?" he said "The Willow would hit me" 

"It won't"

"Will"

"You're the shorter one"

"You do it James"

"Lads! Lads! Shut up!" said Sirius "Got the solution" he got a big stick on his hand. 

"Right, or we could do that" I said 

Suddenly the hole on the trunk opened up and my heart raced. Shit. I picked the cloak and got us all in in time. Madam Pomfrey went out with tears in her eyes. 

"Poor boy, Merlin! What did he do to deserve it?" and she entered the castle. We all went pale. 

As she left, Sirius pressed the knot with the stick. The Willow stopped again. And we jumped into the unknown.

The first thing I noticed was darkness and too much cold.

"Boys?" I said 

"Yeah" said Sirius

"Here" said Peter

Sirius casted Lumos and we could see we were on a tunnel. We swallowed.

"I think I'm scared now" said Peter. You always are, I thought. "What is Remus doing here?" 

Sirius and I exchanged glances. We looked worried. 

Maybe his father brought him here. To Merlin knows what. But why was Madam Pomfrey helping?

Suddenly we heard a sound. 

"What was that?" I said

"Nothing" Sirius said "Come on lads, we are almost there" 

He started walking and we followed. Peter looked paIe and sick. Me? I loved adventures and mysteries. And I was going to fight with whoever was there. But I was really scared for Remus. What if something happened to him?

Then we heard howls and grunts.

"Okay, you cannot tell me that was nothing" I said 

"That sounded like a dog" said Peter not so pleased. 

"Maybe Remus is in danger" Sirius yelled "Let's go!" 

And he ran towards the sound. 

"Is he insane?" asked Peter looking at me.

I smiled "Maybe a little" how I adored my best friend "Let's go" 

And we followed Sirius. While we run I thought of all the spells I had learned I could use. Those included Jellyjinks, Tallantalegra and Expeliarmus. I didn't thought those were useful.

We got to where Sirius was. There was a door. He looked at me and I nodded preparing myself to fight, to save Remus.

"Allohomora" he said and the door cracked open. And the next thing we saw changed my life forever. A big, actually enormous wolf stood in front of us. Growling.

"Aaaaaaaaarrrrgggg" the three of us yelled. And we ran out of there as soon as we could.

If you ask me now, I couldn't even tell you how we got out of there alive. But as we got to the castle the last person we wanted to see was waiting for us. Filch, with Mrs. Norris on his arms.

"Now, you are in so much trouble" he said grinning.

He took us to Dumbledore's office, where he was reading a knitting magazine. I couldn't even think straigth. So many feelings and thoughs were in my brain. So I didn't process the hole thing until Filch spoke.

"Headmaster. I found these boys entering the castle. I saw them exit the Whomping Willow. At the full moon. Surely you will expell them. And the other boy"

I saw my friends. Sirius had an unreadable expression. Peter seemed like he was going to vomit.

Dumbledore finally looked up. 

"Thank you Argus" he said smiling "I'll handle it from here"

Flich smiled at us evily. "You can go Argus" He grunted but left. 

As soon as he shut the door we exploded.

"Dumbledore..."

"Big wolf..."

"We didn't mean to .."

"We were worried..."

"Don't expell us...."

"What is happening?" 

We all talked at the same time. Dumbledore raised his hand and we shut up. 

"I guess you figured out everything by now" he said calmly.

"So is true?" Sirius spoke. But I knew what he was going to ask "Is Remus Lupin a werewolf?"