First Impressions: James P.O.V

Blimey! I was at Hogwarts. It was even more impressive than my dad had told me. I could see the big castle from the station and I smiled. I really needed glasses though, the castle looked blurry but beautiful. Anyway, all the adventures and mischief I could get into. And the thing I was most excited about, Quidditch. I was going to become a professional Player, so I needed to get on the team. Besides I had my new friend Sirius. Dad had told me bad things about the Blacks, but he was different. I had so much fun with him in a few hours, than any other of my friends. 

"Firs' years, firs' years these way" 

I could see the most biggest man I've ever met. A few children gasped when they saw him.

"Me name's Rubeus Hagrid,  keeper o' keys an' grounds at Hogwarts. Follow me, I'll take ya to the castle"

"Wicked" I said. I looked at Sirius who seemed very nervous. But he hided it smiling at me. 

Hagrid took us to the side of the lake where little boats were waiting for us. The chubby boy wanted to be near us. What an annoying lad. He thought just talking to us made him our friend. He was wrong.

I watched the boy Snivellus and the whining ginger girl get into a boat. I smiled to myself.

"Got an idea" I said to Sirius "I think Snivellus needs a hair wash. Don't you think?"

Sirius smirked. He knew what I was thinking about.

"Leave it to me" he said "But cover me" he took out his wand and I put myself in front of him. As I did I saw the weird kid from the train looking at us in suspicion. 

"What are you staring at looney?" I asked. First he made fun of me and my mom and now he was planning to snitch on us. Lucikly he just looked the other way. 

Sirius said something under his breath moving his wand. Suddenly the first boat turned around and all the kids inside fell into the water.

Everyone laughted. "Good one" I said to Sirius shaking his hand.

"Blimey!" said Hagrid who went to save the kids.

He helped them to get to the boat again. They were shivering and coughing. Snivellus looked at us like he knew what we did. 

"What is so funny?" he asked

"What Snivellus? You didn't enjoy your swim?" asked Sirius smirking. I laughted. I was having too much fun already.

"Yeah" now said the chubby boy "I-I-I think you scared the giant squid" he said

Sirius and I laughted even harder. The boy looked pleased to himself. And in the corner of my eye I saw the looney kid rolling his eyes.

"At least I don't have a nest for a hair" Snivellus said shivering. Honestly it had been a mistake. I wanted to make my hair look cool. 

"Well I can just fix it with shampoo, do you know what that is? I think you don't" I said. Nailed it. All the kids laughted at my comment. 

"A'right" said Hagrid "Enough o' that. If ya keep fightin' I'll have ter tell Dumbledore"

As we got into the castle. I got more exicted. Hogwarts was amazing. Even from inside. Me and Sirius pointed everywhere smirking.

"Welcome children" said a very tall woman "I'm Professor McGonagall and oh..." she stopped looking at the kids that were wet and shivering. "What in name of Godric Gryffindor happened to you?"

"Th-the b-boat t-turned by it-tself!" said a boy

I smiled to myself. McGonagall looked shocked. 

"It's not true!" said the girl from the train "It was bewitched. By them" she pointed at us.

"What?" I asked

"It's true" said Snivellus. Bloody Snivellus. "I saw them"

"How can you say it was us?" said Sirius "We didn't do anything"

"Yeah, we didn't" I protested but I was worried watching at the chubby boy and the looney. They saw us. But surprisely they didn't say anything.

"Oh please, you laughted" said the ginger girl. Honestly how annoying was she.

"Beacuse it was funny" I answered

"Or because it was your idea" she said

"We are 11 year olds, we don't know any spell"

"Maybe you do, you're purebloods"

"How do you know that?"

"I don't, I'm just guessing"

"Enough!" yelled Professor McGonagall "Don't worry Miss. eh..."

"Evans"

"Miss Evans" she continued "We will find out the responsables" she glared at Sirius and me through her glasses "In the meantime, you will be sorted in one of the four houses: Gryffindor" I smirked "Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin" I made a disgusting sound. The chubby boy laughted.

"Follow me" said the Professor ignoring me.

All the fun I had had with Sirius made me forget about the Sorting and suddenly I was nervous. But I tried to hide it. But my friend looked paler. 

"Don't worry about it" I said "I'm sure we will get into Gryffindor"

"How are so sure about it?" he asked

I wasn't "I just am. I'm confident. And... We will make amazing pranks mostly every day" I said smiling. Sirius smiled back.

"BLACK, SIRIUS" Mcgonagall yelled. Sirius sat and the hat was placed on him.

Please be a Gryffindor. Sirius was so cool. I couldn't stand him being in another house. Finally the hat yelled 'GRYFFINDOR!' There was no clapping or cheering, just pure silence. I saw the Slytherin table. Everyone was shocked or angry. I decided to be the first to clap. Then everyone followed me. Everyone except the Slytherins. As Sirius passed to the table I smiled at him and we hit palms. He was pale. Why? He was in Gryffindor. 

Many names passed. Evans, the ginger girl got into Gryffindor as well. I could see Snivellus pale expression. 

"I guess not even your girlfriend stands Slytherin or you" I told him. 

"Shut up" he responded

Few other names passed. I was getting more and more anxious. The looney boy also got into Gryffindor. Really? 

"Seriously they let anyone in" I commented. The chubby boy laughted awkardly.

By the time he got into Gryffindor as well I lost my pacience. Honestly if Snivellus got into my house as well I was gonna get mad. Finally Mcgonagall called my name. As I walked toward the chair, I got a weird sensation. What if I didn't get into Gryffindor? What if I got into Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw or worse Slytherin? People like Evans, or the looney kid or the chubby one could get into Gryffindor but not me? I sat down as my heart beated fast. But the hat nearly touched my head when it yelled 'GRYFFINDOR'. And I smiled like a maniac. "Yes!"