First Impressions: Sirius P.O.V

Blah, blah, blah. I couldn't pay attention to my mother anymore. She spoke some nonsense about how I needed to be a good Black, live up to the family name, and how I should get into Slytherin. Befriend all the children of the 'good families', pureblood families. All I wanted was to get into adventures, do as I please without my parents punishing me.

I was just smiling at Reggie. He cried the night before because he didn't want me to leave him alone. I had to make sure he knew I was safe, Hogwarts would be amazing and he could join me next year. 

Suddenly my mother pulled my ear like she used to. It hurt like it used to. 

"Aaargg" I protested

"Are you listening you little prat?" she whispered in my ear.

The thing is that when people were around she acted like a loving caring mother. But she wasn't.

"You shall act properly and not do any stupid thing. If I get one letter complaining about your behaivor..."

She pressed her fingers press into my ear, making it hurt even more.

"You will see child" she continued.

She let go off me. My ear was red 

"Have a good year sweetheart" she said smiling evily.

I sighted "Goodbye Reggie" I said as I tried to embrace him. He opened his arms but my mother stopped him. 

"Go, or you will be late child" she said

So I left wondering into the crowd. I was relieved to be apart from my parents, but I already missed Reggie. I was distracted thinking all that when I bumped into someone.

"Oi watch it asshole!" he yelled 

I looked at him and the first thing I noticed about that boy, was his hair. It look like a net. Bunches of hair pointed everywhere.

"Ha" I said as he picked his suitcase from the floor.

"What?" he said pissed off.

"Nothing"

"Watch where you are going, looser" he said 

"Sorry" I said looking amused at his hair "What happened to your hair?" 

"Are you making fun of my hair? 

"No. I think is cool" I said wondering what my mother would say if I had a hair like that.

"Bloody asshole. I know you are laughing" he said, then he smiled "Bad experiment with my dad's potion. He made a famous hair potion, you know?"

"Oh bloody hell" I said surprised "Are you a Potter?" My mother had told me the bloodtraitor Potters. She said I should befriend the purebloods, didn't she? Well, watch me mother.

"You have a problem with that?" 

"No" I said amused "You are now my best friend. Fancy finding a compartment for the two of us?"

The Boy looked at me for a while.

"Wicked" he said

As we started walking he spoke. "I'm James by the way"

"Sirius" I said "Sirius Black"

Turned out James and I had too many things in common. We were both rebels. He told me about all the best pranks he had done. I told him mine. We agreed to make some mischief at Hogwarts. 

"So tell me Sirius" he asked me "You like Quidditch, right? Because if you don't I'll have to kill you and get another friend"

I laughted at that

"I'm serious" he said

"No, I'm Sirius" I joked. He laughted. "But yeah I love Quidditch. But I haven't played it before"

"What??" James was very shocked

"My parents don't like it when I play" Or I do anything.

"My dad was right" he said "The Blacks are weird... Oh, no offense"

I smiled "You're right" I said "They are kind of weird"

If only he knew...

Somebody entered the compartment. A ginger girl was there.

"Hi" she said "Can I seat here?" She was crying

James raised his shoulders. And I gestured her to enter. She came in. We looked at her puzzled but she ignored us looking at the window. A boy with a very greasy hair came in a few minutes later. He looked at us with disgust.

"Honestly. I thought it would be only us on the compartment" James whispered to me

I nodded. "Did you see that kid's hair?" I asked him.

We both giggled. It was greasy and stuck to his face. Ten times worse than James'.

The kids talked about some Petunia girl, but honestly I tried to ignored them. James and I kept eating  sweets from the trolley he had bought and taking about Quidditch.

"Who wants to be in Slytherin?" said James out of the sudden. Apparently he was paying attention to their conversation. "I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?" he asked me.

Shit. Slytherin. Everything my family wanted was for me to be in Slytherin. They would kill me if I didn't get there. But James seemed like a nice lad, I didn't want to loose him.

"My whole family had been in Slytherin"

"Blimey" he said "And I thought you seemed all right"

I was! I was better than my family. 

"Maybe I'll brake the tradition" I said. I really wanted to. "Where are you heading, if you've got the choice?" 

Maybe I wanted to be in the same house as James.

"Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart, like my father" he said lifting an invisible sword.

The boy across them made a disgusting sound.

"Got a problem with that?" James asked him

"No" the boy answered "If you'd rather be brawny than brainy"

What was this kid's problem? I needed to defend my new friend.

"Where're you hoping to go, seeing as you're neither?" I said

James laughted at that and I smiled. The girl stood up and looked at us in dislike.

"Come on Severus, let's find another compartment"

"Oooo..." we imitated her. She was very annoying.

"See ya, Snivellus!" I said as we laughted.

"Nice one mate" said James "You are funny"

"Tell me about it" I said smiling

We talked a bit more for a while. When two boys entered. 

"Can we sit here?" a chubby boy with blond hair asked. "We were kicked out of the other compartment. Two older students wanted to snog" he made a disgusting expression. As the next boy came in James groaned.

"You again?" he asked to the skinny boy with sandy hair and a big sweater. He had a few scars on his face. I thought that was interesting. He looked cool.

"You know him?" I asked. 

"He made fun of me and my mom at the platform" James protested

"I didn't" the boy said.

"Whatever you say weirdo" said James

The boys came in. But James and I tried to ignore them. The chubby boy who introduced himself as Peter talked a lot. I mean like a lot. James glanced at me annoyed by him. I smiled. The other boy who's name was Remus sat very quietly reading a book. 

In no time, the train stopped.

"Holy sweetbeans!" said Peter looking through the window "We are here, we are at Hogwarts!"

My heart dropped into my chest. Finally I was home. If only Reggie could be here.