Remus' Secret: Peter P.O.V

Holy freaking macaronis!! I surely didn't expect this. Remus? A-werewolf?? When I came to Hogwarts didn't know my life would turn out this way, "Yes" answered Dumbledore "he is".

My eyes opened like plates. I looked at my friends but their expressions were not the same as mine.

They were smiling at each other. 

"Wow" said Sirius "How did that happened?" 

"Why didn't he say anything to us?" James asked. I looked at them. How could they be so calmed?

"I think that's something you should ask Mr. Lupin yourselves" Dumbledore said "Now my concerns rely  in a very simple question: What were you doing out of bed and following Mr. Lupin?"  He looked directly into our eyes. Damn we would surely be expelled this time.

We lowered our gaze. "Sorry' said Sirius finally 'It

was my fault"

"Well we followed you" said James. Seriously was he insane? He wanted us all to be expelled? But I sighted. "Yes we did" I said. Sirius smiled at us. "And why do you say that Mr. Black?"

Sirius sighted "...he said "I thought his father was hitting him" Dumbledore went very pale.

"I'm sorry' said Sirius. I thought he was about to cry "I just saw his scars and.."

"Well" interrupted Dumbledore "I have met Mr. and Mrs. Lupin and I can assure you they are good people"

Sirius nodded. We all were silent for a while. I didn't know what to think. I had to talk it through with my

friends. I had so many questions. "Now, since you are quite good friends for Mr. Lupin, trust you treat him normally. And help him on what he needs" Dumbledore continued. James and Sirius nodded. I did it as well.

"And I'm not going to expel you since your intentions were pure, but you will recieve several detentions" he looked at us from above his glasses. "And I trust you will never do such thing again. It is extremely dangerous. You see, a werewolf doesn't recognize anyone on the full moon. He might hurt you"

I was shocked at his words. Hurt us? I swallowed. As we got back to our dorm none of us were tired to sleep. And my friends couldn't stop talking. They commented on how cool was to have Remus as friend. How cool it was that he was a werewolf. And what should we do to help him.

Me? | wasn't that happy. I just keep picturing the wolf big and furious and then I pictured Remus smiling and quiet reading a book. So do you think we should tell him that we know?

James asked.

"Yes of course we need to tell him we support him. That he should not lie anymore, don't you think?" answered Sirius.

"Yeah you are right" said James. I nodded. "Wicked when I first met Remus, I never thought he could be

so interesting"

Sirius smiled "Now we have a secret that would bond us forever"

I couldn't sleep that night. I had so many nightmares with Remus, the werewolf, he attacking us. Blood everywhere. I used to have many nightmares when was little. Mom was always there to bake me some cookies or something. Now I was alone. I couldn't tell the boys, they would get angry. I stared Remus empty bed for the rest of the night.

The next morning we bearly went through classes. The three of us were really tired. But James and Sirius were excited. They couldn't wait to talk to Remus. I wasn't that much.

That afternoon Remus came into our dorm. Pale and sick as ever. But as usual he smiled at us. I didn't know why, the moment I saw him, all the memories

from my nightmare came back to me.

"Hello boys" he said. Every word caused him trouble. James and Sirius exchanged glances smiling.

"How was your mom Remus?" asked Sirius "Am.." Remus sat on his bed "Yeah, perfect"

"Why do you look so pale Remus?" asked James "I didn't sleep last night. Not quite" Remus answered

kind of closing his eyes. I didn't understand. Weren't we going to tell him we knew?

James and Sirius started laughing. I slightly smiled.

Remus looked at us puzzled. "What is happening?"

"Remus we know" said James

"Good" said Remus "Know about about what?"

"You know" said Sirius smirking "Your furry little problem' added James

"That you're a werewolf" I said quietly

Remus almost fell out of bed. "I'm sorry" he said with

tears on his eyes "For what Remus?" Sirius asked

"I'm a monster, I understand if you don't want to be my friends"

"What? No! Nonsense' said James "We don't mind" "We don't care" said Sirius Besides you fold your

socks" he smiled "You're everything but a monster" I didn't say anything. Did I care? But Remus was crying.

"Really?" he asked 'You're not grossed out? Or

scared? "No" James and Sirius protested "And we won't tell anyone, we promise" added Sirius.

"Amm. my voice bearly came out 'Can I ask you what happened? How did you become a." "A werewolf Pete" James said "You can say it, you

know?" I didn't answer I just went very red. "Can we?" "It's okay" said Remus "I was bitten by one when

was four"

"Four?" asked Sirius shocked

Remus nodded "Who did it?"

"I don't know" he said "Dad said it was a random attack"

"Does it hurt?' asked Sirius carefully "Only when I transform" Remus answered "And

sometimes after" We all looked at each other

"Do you remember anything?" asked James "Just pieces, but mostly no"

Suddenly I felt a knot on my throat. I saw Remus sick and broken. And thought how much Remus had

gone through. It wasn't his fault. Was it? And I felt guilty for thinking badly about Remus. He was my friend. Tears rolled down on my cheeks.

"Are you crying Peter?" asked James "No" I lied wiping out my tears. Remus smiled at me. "Thank you boys" said Remus with his eyes sparkling. "You are really good friends"

"Aaah" said Sirius embracing Remus "Come here

sweet boy"

"I love you guys" said James joining the hug "I love you too" I said joining the hug

And it was true. I adored this assholes so much. Even Remus. And I wasn't scared of him anymore. "Maybe we should get a cool name for our gang" said James suddenly. And we all laughed. Everything was fine.