Chapter 4 - The Hogwarts Express

~Hannah's PoV~

After buying all of my school supplies with Harry and Hermione, we had to go back home yet again, before reuniting with Harry to go to Hogwarts. Once we got home, Hermione and I showed our parents our school supplies. I was most excited to show off my new Owl, which I had named Irene, whereas Hermione was most excited to show off her school books, which she had already read most of on our journey home.

It had now been around a month since I'd met Harry. I had seen him at least once a week, and he even was allowed to stay with the Grangers for a few nights! Other than that, he stayed in The Leaky Cauldron with Hagrid, who was looking after him. We still sent each other letters by owl when he wasn't here.

It was the 31st of August, the night before school begins. That night at dinner, it had only just hit me that I wasn't going to see Mum and Dad until Christmas. We had gone to a local restaurant for dinner that night, as the next morning we would be heading to Kings Cross station, and heading to Hogwarts. Hermione and I were very excited to go to Hogwarts. We had been told that we were going to Kings Cross station early tomorrow morning with our parents, and that we would meet our classmates on the train, as well as Harry. The train is going to leave at 11 am exactly, so we would have to be there by 10. We spent our evening talking about school and what classes we were excited to take most, for me it was potions, and for Hermione it was history of magic. Once we got home from the restaurant, we packed our bags and cases for our coming school year. Hermione and I had packed all of our books and equipment into half of the case, and the other half was full of clothes, robes and other necessities. We both had another bag that held money, our robes for us to change into on the train, and a book each to read. I also had Irene's cage ready for her journey too.

That night, I struggled to sleep as I was so excited. Soon enough, I realised Hermione had the same issue as she snuck into my bedroom. She got into my bed with me, and we decided to have a look at the History of Magic book that she had kept out to read. Every now and then, she would find a page that had the names Harry and Hannah Potter in, which was a huge shock to me. I was in a book? I read it, and it described exactly what Hagrid had told me about how Voldemort had murdered my parents, and that Harry and I had somehow destroyed him. Hermione and I were both gobsmacked at this. I knew I was famous now, but I still didn't quite realise just how famous. Eventually I fell asleep on Hermione's shoulder as we laid in bed reading together, and soon enough she fell asleep too. We both woke up early the next morning, as my alarm had gone off, telling us it was time to get ready.

I had brushed my hair and pinned back the top section into a small half up half down style, and Hermione let her long frizzy hair down. I wore black jeans, a light pink jumper, and black boots. Hermione wore blue jeans, and a darker pink jumper with brown boots. We eventually carried all of our things downstairs, and got some breakfast with Mum and Dad before setting off. We had toast with jam, and ate rather quickly. Luckily, we didn't get indigestion. Mum did a last check making sure we had all of our things, whilst Dad made sure Irene was safe in her cage. Finally. It was time to go to Hogwarts.

We all got in the car, Hermione and I in the back seats with Irene in between us. After a long journey in the car (with me and Hermione asleep for most of it), we finally arrived at King's Cross station. Mum and Dad had been sent our tickets for the train, and were told how to get to the platform, so we went to find platform nine and three quarters. Mum and Dad lead the way, Dad pushing Hermione's cart with all of her things on, and Mum helping me push mine. As we reached platforms nine and ten, I was very confused as there was no platform nine and three quarters.
"Right, Hermione, Hannah, what we're going to do is we're going to run at that wall ahead of you. That is what will take us to the platform. Dad will go first, Hermione, hold his hand and run with him okay?" Mum said, smiling. Hermione looked nervous, but did what she was told. Seconds later, they were both gone!  Mum then told me to hold on, so I climbed onto the trolley holding my things, and Mum ran at the wall with me and my things. I closed my eyes, ready for impact, but it never came. Next thing I knew, I was on a beautiful platform, with a sign up above us saying
"Platform 9 3/4
Hogwarts Express."