Chapter 13 - The House Cup

Once we left back to the Gryffindor common room, Harry and I noticed Hermione and Ron talking at the top of a staircase. We smiled up and them, and they smiled back. "Alright there Ron?" Harry asked. "Alright. You two?" Ron asked back. "Alright." Harry and I said together. "Hermione?" Harry asked her. "Never better." She said, smiling. With that, they came down the staircase, and Hermione grabbed me into a large hug, I winced a little as my arm was still sore, but hugged her back. Ron and I went to hug each other, but instead retreated and shook hands awkwardly. When we entered the great hall a few hours later for the end of year feast, Slytherin banners were hung above the tables, leaving us to realise who had won the house cup. We enjoyed our feast anyway, smiling, talking with our friends. McGonagall chimed her class with her spoon like always when Dumbledore was to speak, and he stood.

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. The points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor, with 252 points." He said, as the whole gryffindor table sighed, but clapped anyway. I locked eyes with Draco, who was smirking at me, and I looked away quickly. "Third place, Hufflepuff, with 354 points." The hall clapped once more. "In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points." Cheers could be heard with the clapping this time. "And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin house." The green table erupted with applause and cheers, before being silenced by Dumbledore. "Yes yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. I have a few last minute points to award."

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect when others were in grave peril, 50 points." The whole hall cheered, other than Slytherin. "Second, to Mr Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points." Again, everyone cheered, louder this time. "Third, to Mr Harry Potter, for pure nerve, and outstanding courage. I award 60 points." More cheers could be heard now. "Fourth, to Miss Hannah Potter, yet again, for outstanding courage. I award another 60 points." Cheers were louder now. "We're tied with Slytherin!" Hermione said, happily. "And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom." The whole Gryffindor table cheered, louder than before. Neville had won us the cup! "Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe a change of decoration is in order." With a clap, the green Slytherin banners waved in the air, and turned a bright red, now holding the Gryffindor lion and emblem. "Gryffindor wins the house cup." Dumbledore said, making everyone jump out of their seats and cheer, hugging each other in celebration. Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws all threw their hats into the air, whilst Slytherin stayed seated, looking as grumpy as ever. Hagrid was looking over at Harry and I cheering.

Before we knew it, it was time to head home on the Hogwarts Express

Before we knew it, it was time to head home on the Hogwarts Express. We all stood on the platform, and our things were boarded on. As the whistle blew, Hermione and Ron got on the train, Harry and I staying back. "Come on, guys." Hermione said to us. "One minute." Harry said, grabbing my hand as we ran over to Hagrid who was waving at us. "Thought you were leaving without saying goodbye did ye?" He asked us, and he pulled out a book from his pocket. "This is for you both." He handed it to Harry, who opened it. Inside was a photo book of Harry and I with our parents. "Thank you, Hagrid." I said, smiling up at him. He reached down to shake our hands, but Harry and I just hugged him instead. Hagrid hugged us both back, tightly. "Go on now, off with yous." He said, ushering for us to get on the train. "Oh, and Harry, if that dope of a cousin of yours, Dudley gives you any grief, you could always threaten him with a nice pair of ears to go with that tail of his." He said smiling at Harry. I laughed. "Hagrid, we aren't allowed to do magic outside of school, you know that." Harry replied. "I do, but your cousin don't." Hagrid said, winking down at Harry and I. Harry and I then rushed onto the train.

"It feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione asked us. "I'm not going home. Not really." Harry said, looking back at Hagrid, who waved at us. We all waved back through the windows of the train. Harry and I continuing to wave as the train went off.

THE END
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Thank you so much for reading the first book of this series! I really loved writing this book, and I can't wait to start the next one! I'll be starting on the next book soon,  so leave any comments on what you want to happen with Hannah here!

- Meg <3 x