Chapter 9 - Christmas Holidays

~Hannah's PoV~

Once we arrived home, I was so excited to see Mum and Dad. Hermione and I rushed over to them when we saw them on the platform, being engulfed into a huge group hug. We eventually got back into Kings Cross, and got into the car to head home. The radio was playing Christmas songs, and Hermione and I were singing along in the back seat, with Irene in between us. Once we arrived home, Hermione and I saw how beautifully decorated our house was, with the snow that settled on the grass it looked beautiful. There were white fairy lights wrapped around the tree in our front garden, and other lights along the doorframe. Our tree had a red and green theme this year, with some added home made ornaments made by Hermione and I in primary school. We had arrived home late that night, so we had dinner, and after talking about school with our parents, went up to bed.

The next morning I realised it was Christmas Day. "Mione! Mione! Come on, it's Christmas!" I yelled, running into her room, and jumping on her head. "Alright Han, geez calm down!" She replied, laughing. We got downstairs in our matching Christmas pyjamas, and sat at the sofa, when our parents emerged from the kitchen. "Morning sweethearts, happy Christmas." Mum said, and we both got up and hugged them, I hugged Dad first, and Hermione hugged Mum, then we swapped. We sat back down on the sofa, Mum sitting on the one opposite us, and Dad went over to the tree to fetch presents. Each year, we take it in turns to give out our presents, starting with Dad, then Mum, then me, then Hermione. Dad came back over with three boxes. Each box was roughly the same size, one a tiny bit smaller. "Okay, this ones for you, Sam," He said, passing the smaller box to Mum. "These are for you two." He handed Hermione and I the other two boxes. Mum opened hers, and inside was a pair of beautiful pearl earrings. She thanked him with a hug and a kiss, and Hermione and I opened ours. Dad had bought us matching bracelets, the bracelets were a simple silver chain, and you could add charms to them. Hermione and I were so happy, so we thanked him and gave him a hug each. Mum then got her presents for us all, she had gotten Dad a photo album, with all of their memories in. Quite a few of the photos included Hermione and I, and after looking through the book, Dad had ended up tearing up a little. Mum had bought Hermione and I charms for our new bracelets. Mum and Dad usually coordinate on gifts, as do Hermione and I. Mum had gotten me two charms, one with a H, and one with a P on. Hermione got the same, but with a H and a G. These were very beautiful, and we loved them. Eventually, we moved on to what I had bought Hermione.

I had gotten her two new books she had wanted, one was a muggle book, and the other was a wizarding book. Hermione had gotten me a diary, and a new quill with a pot of invisible ink. Back at Hogwarts, Hermione and I had left Ron and Harry gifts in the common room, Hermione bought Harry and Ron both a few boxes of Chocolate Frogs. I bought Ron some licorice wands, and I got Harry a picture frame with a moving photograph of him and I in. I had also bought some owl treats for Hedwig and Irene, which I also left under the tree for Hedwig, but brought Irene's home. Harry and Ron had bought Hermione and I gifts and had given them to us before we left, but told us not to open them till Christmas. Ron had gotten me two packets of Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, and had gotten Hermione a bag of peppermints. Harry had gotten Hermione a fancy quill, and had bought me a locket necklace, with the same photo that I gave him inside.

 Harry had gotten Hermione a fancy quill, and had bought me a locket necklace, with the same photo that I gave him inside