⚜ - t h i r t e e n - ⚜ (yandere! world x f. reader)

It was probably when you were around seven, an age where you were supposed to be innocent and childlike, but one instance of déjà vu, and you felt like you had already been living for decades.

It all started when your parents introduced you to a new neighbour moving right beside your house; a couple with a lovely son. Of course, like any other cliché, that son had to be a cutie that swings from hot and cold whenever he interacted with people, so that you, an average-looking girl with angelic heart will be able to melt his coldness, and he would grow up to be in love with you.

Unfortunately, this wasn't your average childhood friend to lover story. This was a yandere story, where the boy not only would grow up to be interested in you, but he would also made people in the school isolated you, causing you to wholeheartedly rely on him.

Honestly, to isolate your loved one so that they would rely on you is beyond your understanding. Why can't those lunatics just be honest?

【Under the drizzle of rain while holding the umbrella for their love interest, they would then look at them seriouslyor shylyand said; "I like you, so it would make me happy if you relied on me."】

Why can't it be like this?

【Smiling maliciously at the sight of their love interest crying helplessly in the empty classroom, they reached out their hands like a savior, bringing their loved one to their embrace to comfort them. "Don't worry. I won't abandon you. I will always be by your side, darling."】

Instead, why does it have to be like this?

Furthermore, another thing you noticed about these types of stories was that the yandere authors, as if they shared the same braincells, started to call their average-looking, average-personality characters, darling, while the crazy, hot ones are called, well, yandere.

What's their definition of darling anyway? You're not anyone's darling. That word felt like it was used to undermine you honestly and you don't like that.

Anyway, back to the story; the stage has been set, the little darling female lead has already met her little yandere male lead, all that's left is some cringeworthy praise and self-sacrificing action by the girl to melt the cold heart of that boy.

However, that didn't happen. Why? Because on the day he was supposed to open his heart to you, you have already remembered and realized the true essence of this world, hence on the day he ran away from home, under the heavy rain of cats and dogs, you didn't follow the script by going out to look for him. Instead, you were having a cozy day under your blanket, with a mug of your favorite drink, warmth against your skin, while you were watching the television.

ーand then you were told that he died from a car accident.

"..." well, that's escalated quickly.

Anyway, you do feel guilty at first, often plague by the nightmares of his ghost crawling at the edge of your bed asking you why would you abandon him? But then you remembered a certain scene of the original storyline, in which at that time, his isolation plan was exposed to you by accident and after hours of hide and seek, I-ran-and-you-catch-me, he finally resorted to guilt trip.

【His handsome face contorted from sadness, tears pooling inside that emerald eyes of his. The way it glistened somehow reminded you of jewels. Those pearl-like tears gently rolled down his cheeks and trickled down his chin.

He sobbed. "If you're not going to love me, then you shouldn't have search for me at that time. You shouldn't have made me fall for you. You shouldn't have given me hope and reason to stay alive."】