⚜ - f o u r t e e n - ⚜ (yandere! m. mermaid x f. reader)

— I want to do a mix of selkie, siren, and mermaid. The hero will be a merman, but with a power and a little bit appearance of a siren, and they can also shed their fishtail to turned human —

     He was just a fictional character you see in a manga, a villain at that, and yet, like any other hardcore otaku, you found yourself falling head over heels for him.

      Like the original version of the little mermaid, he was a very pitiful merman, falling for a princess after rescuing her from drowning, but unlike the little mermaid, he did not meet a sea witch who stole his voice in exchange to be human, he just casually shed his fishtail, hide it somewhere he was sure no one would find, and headed to find his princess.

        You could never forget how hard you laugh when the princess shrieked at the sight of a naked man on the beach, for a princess like her who was never exposed to such a vulgar thing, it was too much that she fainted on the spot, and you found yourself smiling at what a cute couple they would be.

       Eventually, after encountering him again and again, the princess found out that he was a merman that saved her, in order to pay him back, she invited him to a banquet in the castle, and you squealed at how adorable the merman was when he thought his feelings were reciprocated.

       But things did not go so well as that banquet was held so that the people would know that their princess will be wedded to a prince from another country.

         The author of the manga described that mermen were a creature with an alluring voice, attractive face, and well-built body, they also have an unwavering loyalty and a fragile heart, so what happened when a merman’s heart was broken?

       They go feral.

       The merman could not accept that his beloved was betrothed to someone else that he turned into a villain.

       That night, he used his voice to lure the princess to the ocean, he was actually prepared to live with the princess on the mainland but knowing that those other humans would oppose, he was ready to live with her in the sea, completely disregarding the fact that humans could not breathe underwater.

       So when the prince knew about this, he immediately goes to rescue the princess and killed the merman with his sword, and as the sword pierced the merman on his stomach, tears did not stop rolling down your cheeks when he slowly dissolved into seafoam.

       What a shit ending it is.

        That night, you went to sleep with a broken heart, thinking that if the merman were alive, you would definitely help him kidnapped the princess or better yet, be his mate, but reality was cruel, you knew he was just a fictional character that someone draws, so you decided to completely forget about him and find some others that could cheer you up.

         That night, you had a dream — or so you thought.

        You were lying on the sand, eyes facing up at the blue sky, basking under the sun as your eyes fluttered open to find yourself in a foreign beach you had not yet seen.

         You were confused and scared, considering that you had no idea where you are, until you felt something slippery and soft underneath you.